Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Water you up to...

Olo!

I'm up on the TGF blog today with one more mermaid card to share before MerMay comes to an end. This time around I printed out the super adorable Leela MerBean because it's hard to beat the cuteness of a Bean. I surrounded Leela with a bunch of accessory images from the Little Mermaids and Minkie Mermaids clear sets to help create a scene for her to live in. I especially wanted to get the castle off in the distance, since she must be royalty with that coral crown on her head. Even though Leela is a digital stamp I could still make a quick mask for her by simply printing her on regular thin computer paper at the same time I printed her on the Copic X-Press It coloring card stock. I knew I would need a mask since my plan was to surround her with seaweed and fish and once the paper mask is fussy cut, it is easy enough to hold in place with a bit of washi tape while I stamp around her. Once Leela was finally posed prettily amongst the seaweed I could start coloring the scene. To help create a sense of distance between Leela and the castle I extended the sandy sea floor more than half way up the card. I also flanked the scene on either side with walls of rock that look like a sea trench receding into the distance.  The way they angle down towards her head is also a design trick that helps pull the viewers eye right to the most important part of the scene... our adorable little MerBean. For Leela herself, I thought it would be cool if her ombre hair matched her ombre tail and I'm quite pleased with the results. Of course I had to finish her off with the usual sparkly tail and Nuvo pearl drops to complete her magical look.  :)

Stay crafty my friends! 


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Copic X-Press It

digital stamps- The Greeting Farm (Leela MerBean)

stamps- The Greeting Farm (Cheeky Mermaids, Minkie Mermaids and Little Mermaids)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and london fog, Catherine Pooler all that jazz

My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1

Nuvo dream drops pearl

Wink of Stella clear glitter pen

Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E55, E57, E44, E47, E49, BG11, BG32, BG34, B06, B39
tail/crown- YG01, YG93, YG95, YG97, BG11, BG32, BG34, B06, B39/Y11, Y21, Y26, Y28, BV34
top/seaweed- G16, BG09, B39
starfish- YR21, YR04, YR18, E39
sand- E30, E31, E33, E34, E43, E44

water/rock- BG000, BG10, BG11, BG53/BG75, BG78, BG99

castle- BV00, BV34, BV23, BV25, BV29, C1, C5

oyster/fish- BV00, BV23, R21/Y02, RV66/V15, V17, B14/C1, C3, 100

 

0 comments: