Sunday, July 30, 2023

You're the beary best...

Hello, hello!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog with some background scene die inspiration to share today. When I chose to ink up this sweet pair from the new Bear Family stamp set I needed to find inspiration for the scene that they would call home. My first inclination is always to look through the background stamps in my collection but this time I decided to flip through the scene building dies instead. It didn't take me long to land on the this great Campsite Scene die which was perfect because the middle piece gave me plenty of room to stamp my images on. I started by using the Campsite scene die to cut the background out of a sheet of Catherine Pooler card stock. Then I grabbed my Copic markers and started with the frame, coloring a wood grain pattern onto it. Working my way from the front to the back of the scene I colored all of the individual pieces, from the bushes in the foreground all the way to the snow capped mountains and blue sky off in the distance. I chose to make the section of the die between the trees and the mountains a flowing river to add another pop of blue to the card and the tall tree got the same wood grain treatment as the frame. The center piece of the die became a vast meadow where this cute mama and baby bear are strolling through the field of wild flowers, which are made up of a mix of stamps both from the Bear Family and Pig Day stamp sets. And how could I not add a few of the little bees buzzing around as well? One of the small sentiments included in the Bear Family set was the perfect size to tuck in just above this happy scene. For a bit of extra detail I used a white gel pen to dot in small clusters of flowers or clover into the distant part of the meadow, which ties back to the larger white flowers up front. I love how this looks like we've stumbled upon a candid moment between these sweet bears as they make their way through an idyllic forest scene, which is just another reason why I have to remember to play with the dies more often. 

Laters!


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Bear Family and Pig Day)
ink- Memento rich cocoa
Hello Bluebird Campsite Scene die

Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:

frame/tree- E55, E57, E47

bushes/pine trees- YG13, G14, G46, BG99/E57, G24, G46, BG99

grass/flowers- YG21, YG03, YG25, YG63, G94/YG17, YG67, G20, Y17, Y26

bees- Y13, Y18, E55, E57, E49, G000

bears- E31, E55, E44, R30

mountains- V20, YG91, BG000, BG70
sky- B00, B01, B02
water- B00, B12, B14

0 comments: