Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Falling for Fall

Howdy folks, I hope your day is off to a lovely start. :)

Even though these past few days have been kind of grey and rainy I still love this time of year. The nip in the air, the falling leaves, that golden light as afternoon quickly gives way to evening... it's all magical if you ask me. I think that was the inspiration behind my card for today. I love how that October Afternoon paper looks like Miss Anya is out for an afternoon stroll through the neighborhood.

Because she is a digi I actually printed her out smaller than her usual size to better fit scale wise with the pattern on the narrow card. It also made coloring her up a bit quicker too. All in all a pretty quick and easy card. ;)

So my fellow Gleeks... who's excited for duets night?! Me, me, me! The music has been SO good so far this season and I'm excited to hear the new guy sing again too. Should be a good one and I'm hoping my work day goes by quickly so I can get my Glee on, LOL!

Check ya later!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon
digi stamp- The Greeting Farm (Autumn Miss Anya)
Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Shabby Green Door brown twine
button
Fiskars apron lace border punch
crochet flower
computer generated sentiment
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- YR12, YR14, YR18, E19
clothes- E30, E31, E35, BG10, BG11, BG32, YG00, YG01, YG03, E44, E47, E49, E07, R59, E18

26 comments:

chrilvian said...

ooooo mooooiii(beautiful)
like the paper

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Amy!

Love your card! What a lovely street scenery and the colors are pretty and then that cute girl there in her Uggs and nice winter outfit! Very nice!
Glee has just started showing here with me in the Netherlands and I love it! Fun!

Hugs, Wendy

Melissa S said...

Beautiful card Amy! I can't wait for Glee tonight!!!

Unknown said...

So nice card! Thanks for sharing :)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I have to tell you that your discription of a fall day is so elequent that it makes me want to run and jump in a pile of cript pile of leaves. I love this card! It is just wonderful and if you are going to put it in your shop put me down for it? I just think it is so adorable and needs to be on my wall. heehee Now, as for GLee I just have to tell you that I am listening to tonights music at this very moment and I can not wait for work to be over. I mean Me and Jerry wants to gets our GLee on. lmbo Let me just say as a parting message think Victor, Victoria and Kirt. Ok, I won't spoil it for you. Hugs

Jessica said...

Just the perfect combo! Love this card! TFS

Nancy Thomas said...

You are right - she does look like she is taking a nice stroll through the neighborhood. Love this card and as always your coloring is perfection.

kris said...

so pretty!!! the DP makes a fantastic background! Love it!

Stamping Cafe said...

Gorgeous card, Amy! Love the lovely scene you created, the baker's twine and the crochet flower is the perfect touch!

I wish we have fall here, it's going to be 91 here today... oh boy! :) Enjoy your Glee tonight, I know I will be watching it on Tivo after the kiddos are in bed!! :)

martina's kaartjes said...

This is really great ! love it !
greetings, martina
x

Joy said...

wonderful long card! love the scenery and how you made her just the right size to fit. have a good Tuesday!

Cyrillia said...

It's lovely! Nicely done!

Tonje said...

Love how it looks like she's out for a walk in the street. And the crochet flower is so cute!

I've been away for a wee autumn holiday, and I can't believe how many gorgeous cards you've put on here for us to drool over since I visited last....

Danni said...

Such a sweet card!!

WickedPixie said...

Your card is so beautiful and really feels like this time of year (my favorite!)
I am looking forward to Glee - I didn't watch it until 2 days later last time and then I was sobbing! I was so glad I was watching it alone!! :-)Traci

Alice said...

beautiful autumn card. that background pp is perfect. love this!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Amy, adorable card. I love the use of the patterned paper as the backdrop scene. Very creative and clever.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! Love this DP and awesome shape of card!
Kristy xo

donna mikasa said...

Love this looooong card! Autumny cute! I'm getting my "Glee" on as I'm typing this! Great duets!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card Amy!! So love the match of stamp and paper!

Lisa Summerhays said...

Gorgeous! Love how narrow your sweet card is.

Debbie Pamment said...

This is gorgeous - your paper is perfect for your scene!
xXx

Juls said...

beautiful sentiment and utterly gorgeous card!!!! Love it!!! Hugs Juls

Kimberly S said...

So cute Amy, what a fabulous scene! :)

RiNNE said...

Love, LOVE this cute scene! The PP is astonishing and Miss Anya fits in perfectly w/ that sentiment. Came back from vacay last night and I watched Glee first off my DVR (of course!). Another wonderful episode -- I just love that song by Jason Mraz and Colbie Calliet!

Leanne said...

Another fabulous scene! It's perfect and I love the sentiment. Great coloring on Autumn Anya. Pretty!