Saturday, October 9, 2010

Special friend

Mornin' folks!

I'm heading out the door to work but I wanted to get this card up before I leave.
It's a just-for-fun card that I whipped up last night to play with the new stamps that arrived in my mailbox yesterday... who doesn't love diving into new rubber?! ;)

Because I wanted this new TGF Lounge Miss Anya cutie to have both of her big beautiful eyes to be showing I slightly altered her by wiping away her winking eye before stamping and used an open eye from one of the others to trace onto her face with my light box (if you want to see this technique in action check here and here).
I love these newest additions to the Miss Anya line and can see getting a lot of use out of them both 'as is' and even doing some head swapping to let a couple of the past Miss Anyas look cool in these funky outfits too. The wheels are definitely turning! :)

Alrighty, hope you all are enjoying a wonderful weekend... later gators! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya Lounge set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie border stickers
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls and rub-on sentiment
crinkled ribbon from Kiara :)
Marvy Mega Giga scallop circle punch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- YR21, YR12, YR15, E99
clothes- BG10, BG11, BG72, R24, R27, E07, Y21, Y23, Y35, E31, E33, E35, E40, E41, 0

26 comments:

Unknown said...

O wow this is stunning, I love all those different strips of papers.. must check out your eye changing technique, seems interesting :) Hugs xxx

martina's kaartjes said...

Lovely card ! lovely colors,
greetings from sunny belgium,
martina
x

chrilvian said...

oooo great colouring
beautiful card

JLJ Designs said...

Beautiful card! I love the stamp.

Jennifer

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is super cute. I love the color combo. She looks ready to go. It is weird to see you waiting for these stamps. I have gotten used to you previewing them. Have a great day at work. I am headed to mine also. Hugs, Lisa

Me said...

Beautiful card,great colours.

Grtzz Marjon

Ali said...

That is beautiful x

♥Rach♥ said...

LOVE the papers and you've colored her so beautifully!

Rhonda Miller said...

How sweet. TFS.

~* steph :) *~ said...

pretty card, amy! i love your use of patterned strips. so pretty! what a hip little anya! love her outfit and boots :). thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Pam Varnell said...

Love her Amy. Beautiful card girlfriend.

Unknown said...

just fabulous

Anonymous said...

nice card again.. love them all

Cowchipper said...

really nice... i just need copic markers i guess

Carisa said...

gorgeous! i love the altering you do. and i can't wait to try out that pretty red hair color!

Maria Therese said...

So cool with the striped background!! And awesome coloring!! I know I say that on every card but I think your so great at coloring!!

Julie said...

Gorgeous - fab colours and papers, especially! Juliexx

Stamping Cafe said...

This is totally gorgeous, Amy! Love the striped background, awesome colors, and of course your superb coloring!!

Tasha said...

This is beautiful Amy, love the Dps and fab layout. Such a fab sentiment too
love tasha xx

Alice said...

love the pieced background. fabulous card!

donna mikasa said...

She looks super cute with both eyes open! Great layout, and I love Kiara's perfectly matched ribbon!

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe. I like her a lot better with both eyes open. She was my fave out of the all but I wasn't fond of the only 1 eye open. You made her look fabulous!!!! Great Job!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Juls said...

gorgeous! your colouring is amazing! I love your mix of DP's!!!! and the flowers are such a gorgeous detail! Hugs Juls

Lau W said...

Super colors, lovely, so lovely !
xxx

WickedPixie said...

Super cute!! I love that stripey DP background you made! :-)Traci

Leanne said...

Pretty card! I agree with Traci, I love the dp background you created. She looks fun and ready to explore with her eyes wide open. hahaha.