Saturday, October 16, 2010

Miss Anya is losing her head...

Hey, hey, hey!

It's looking to be another beautiful fall day here and I am totally lovin' it! I got the chance to sit in the park for a bit the other afternoon... the sun was shining and the light was bouncing off the lake so that all the trees along the bank seemed to be dancing with this cool shimmery effect on their orange and yellow leaves. I can't help myself, it is times like that when I can imagine a bit of fairy magic at play in this modern world we live in. ;)
It's not looking like I'll actually get to go out and enjoy anything like that today because the sun is already starting to set by the time I get off of work and when it does it gets chilly... fast! But that's ok, I just have a feeling this is going to be a really good day.

My card today is actually the first of three in a coordinating set that I made using a Making Memories journaling notebook and my new Miss Anya Lounge set from TGF. Well, not just the Lounge set because as you can see I did a bit of head swapping and actually have L8R SK8R Anya's head on this one... I just thought it was a cool looking combination. :)
Something about this Lounge set has me reminiscing about hanging out in the dorms in college so it's not really a wonder that I've geared the card towards the younger gals/teens. This isn't to say that I still can't slack with the best of them in my layered tees and sweats, LOL!

Anywho, have a good one and I'll see ya in 24. :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/die cuts- Making Memories (Just Chillin')
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya Lounge set and L8R Sk8R set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
Kaiser Craft pearls
Signo ubiball white gel pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E02, E11, E00, R20
hair- Y32, Y23, YR21, YR24
clothes- G02, G03, G16, BG49, Y35, Y38, YR04, BG0000, BG10, BG11, Y13, Y15, Y19, E31, E33, E35, BV23, BV25, BV17, E40, E41, 0

23 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! What a fab alteration, I think this combo is even better than the original Lounge Anya. I love the fresh colours, great card Amy!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I think she is adorable! I love your coloring as always and the color combois awesome. I know what you mean by the beautiful days. It just smells so good this time of year and the geese are flying low coming into the lake with the awesome colors of the setting son. How could anyone not love a fall day. Next week I will be working 8 to 6 everyday, so I am sure I am going to feel like I don't get to see daylight. :O( Oh well, more stamps?! heehee Have a great Saturday. Lisa

♥Rach♥ said...

Great colors and I totally love the head switcheroo you did ;0) You're brilliant as always!

Nancy Thomas said...

I like the way you switch your stamps around for your own purpose. Adding a stripe to scarf is about as adventureous as I get! Great coloring as always.

angelique (anlou) said...

what an gorgeous card hun
the image is fab
hugs angelique

Jacilynn said...

super cute! Love the head swap. lol

Juls said...

Fab love all the stars and the coloured pearls!! Hugs Juls!!

Cor* said...

GREAT color combo and coloring! What a super image !

Jamie N. said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this card. And you say its part of a set??? Ooh, I cant wait to see more. That color combo is just perfect, plus the little pop of BV's is totally eye catching.

~* steph :) *~ said...

super cute card, amy! loove the color combo! cute sentiments. the embellies are just awesome. thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Your title cracks me up, lol. Such a darling card and enjoy the day!

purply bunny said...

lol the title did make me wonder! my cat is called "miss anya"!!!

Maria Therese said...

Loove your mix up!!

Shazza said...

fabulous card x

Brenda Dean said...

What a great color combo and so appropriate with Saturday College Football! Fabulous artwork!

donna mikasa said...

Love the colors you chose and fabulous head swapping! I love the notebook effect, too--very collegiate! And I've yet to see a lake in person...sounds so tranquil!

Alice said...

so cool! LOVE the colors you used on this card. fabulous as always, girl!

Suvenkorento said...

Your card is great! I have missed your altered Miss Anyas! Just the other day I was admiring the your fairy Anyas.

Leanne said...

O! She is perfect! I love that paper and how you trimmed down the right side of the paper. Way cool Amy! Ahh, how I've missed visiting your world. TFS!! Hugs,

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... she is super duper adorable, Amy!! Great altering!! Love the colors and design.. simply delightful!!

WickedPixie said...

You are right (when are you not!?) that combo of Miss Anya Lounge and Later Sk8Tr is great!!
I think my nice fall days are behind me - it is a very short season here and we are already having freezing temps! Enjoy yours! :-)Traci

{VICKI} said...

love the Super Star!

RiNNE said...

Awesome card-- the clothes do remind me of college/ late high school as well. The torn notebook paper and stars are perfect and I'm glad you enjoyed your day!!! It sounds lovely!