Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Who goes there?

Sooo... how big a bummer was it not to have a new episode of Glee to watch last night? I know, right?!
The only thing that lifted my spirits was seeing the previews for next week's big Rocky Horror Halloween special... now that looks FUN! It's not like I'm a huge RHPS fan who goes to sing-a-long viewings or anything but I really can't wait to see what the Glee cast does with it!

Speaking of Halloween... I've got another Halloween card for the new Lil Lolita Boutique challenge this week. We've got a sketch for you again and it's a great one! I decided to blow Vampire Lilith up to 'big head' size but I left her tall and narrow because I wanted her to look like she is opening the front door of her haunted castle. I even used a wood grain background stamp to make the doors look 'authentic' and used the brads as doorknobs. The little doorknocker is some crazy embellishment that I'm sure I got as a freebie in an order years ago and now I'm glad I hung onto it. LOL!
I know it looks a bit plain compared to my usual cards but I had a vision of this scene and I didn't want too much to get in the way of that. I mean, can't you just hear her saying "Velcome..." in a low sexy voice? ;)

Well I hope you get a chance to play along in all the fun at LLB this week, as always Kellie has a great prize from the Tickled Pink store up for grabs. So pull out that Lil Lolita stamp or digi and get crackin'! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Making Memories (brown)
digi stamp- Tickled Pink (Lil Haunt Vampire Lilith)
stamps- Inkadinkado (sentiment), Hero Arts (wood grain background)
ink- Colorbox black pigment
Making Memories decorative brads
Foofala knocker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E40, E70, R00, R46, R59, BV20, BV23
hair- N3, N5, N7, N9
eyes- B0000, B000, B00
clothes- C3, C5, C7, C9, E40, E41, 0
background- BV25, BV29

41 comments:

Melissa S said...

She's fantastic Amy! I love the wood grain and door knocker.

scrapn_momof2 said...

This is incredible Amy!! I love all of the fantastic details, the wood grain, the door knocker, the knobs. Amazing!!

Unknown said...

So cool card! Thanks for sharing :)

Lorraine said...

wow this is a brilliant card Amy i love it xx

Leigh said...

I love it! I totally feel the opening the door vibe. Thanks for sharing!

Lelia Pierce said...

This is AWESOME!!! You go girl!

XXX

Rhonda Miller said...

How great is this. Oh my goodness, so creative. TFS.

Renkata said...

Fantastic design. Love the idea. Beautifly done.

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! This is amazing! I love the doorknobs and knocker! Beautiful coloring! Brilliant idea, you're so creative :)
TFS! hugs, margie

Maria Therese said...

How cool! Looks like she's behind a open door.

donna mikasa said...

Such a cool card and sketch! Love the woodgrain doors and how you enlarged the digi--genius! The hardware on the doors are pretty awesome, too!

~* steph :) *~ said...

hehe, very sexy card, amy! i can see her saying velcome, hehe. i love how you've colored her up, amazing! love how you used the woodgrain stamp, brads as doorknobs, and the little doorknocker. too cute! thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Lau W said...

So fantastic creation wow !
xxx

1LuvnMama said...

Luv how she's peeking through those doors! Amazing Amy! :)

Tonje said...

Amazing card! Love how you made a door scene, and the door knobs are so cool. Love your colouring as always!

Cyrillia said...

Great card! It looks great with the doors opening like that and the vampire girl peeks out.

RiNNE said...

So, I was sitting there last night on the couch, ready to watch the new Glee episode. I was disappointed too!!! Oh, well! Watched Jake Gylenhall (sp?) in the Prince of Persia movie instead (WHOOO-EEEEEH!!! :)).

Awesome card...you are so creative! I love the knocker and door knobs! So amazing with scenes!

BTW, did you happen to mail that 'thing' you told me about for next month? Just making sure cuz I haven't received anything yet.

Have a wonderful day, Amy!

Leonie said...

O this looks way cool! i can just hear her saying in her best Frankenfurter voice (lol) "How'd you do I see you'vemet my..faithful handy man!!...ok I digress..but this is amazing! great job!
Hugs Leonie

Shirley N said...

Love your freakin door Amy! And your coloring is gorrregeous!

Jackie Thomas said...

Wow Amy, your colouring is out of this world. Lilith looks amazing. I love the doors. STUNNING. hugs Jackie

Julie said...

Brilliant card and what a fab design! Juliexx

kris said...

she is wickedly gorgeous!!! Awesome design!! =D

1000etincelles said...

i love the card you make for TICKLED PINK STORE ! IT'S SWEET !

and this one is funny ;)

Unknown said...

Awww this is really cool!! I love your woodgrain door and knobs hahah (glad you found a use for them)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Sharon said...

I LOVE this image. One of these days I'll get some...

Kylie said...

Ohhh... Amy! I love Lilith peaking through her door. She looks positively scheming! Amazing colouring :)
Hugs
Kylie

juelmarie said...

love your style - love that digi!! She's one of my favs

Kylie said...

Oh just way too clever Amy! You never cease to amaze me. What a seductress, 'Velcome'. :) Love it.

Hugs, Kylie ox

gobeagirl said...

She is very Velcoming indeed...I love her sweet lips and her cheeks are just perfect with her pale skin. I love it. Have a great eveing. I had problems getting logged into blogger, so it took me this long after work to comment. :O( It is flustrating when that happens.

gobeagirl said...

She is very Velcoming indeed...I love her sweet lips and her cheeks are just perfect with her pale skin. I love it. Have a great eveing. I had problems getting logged into blogger, so it took me this long after work to comment. :O( It is flustrating when that happens.

Shaela said...

this is fantastic! I love the scene card :)

Joy said...

what a great card! love that she's a large size and the way the card looks. this turned out great! Hope you have a happy hump day!

Loz said...

This is great Amy! I can hear her 'velcoming' us! Very sassy ♥

Bron said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!!! Your card is awseome. I thought she was hiding in a closet until I read your post. Hugs from Bron xox

Alice said...

such a cool idea. awesome card, Amy!

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh my... this is spooky cool, Amy!! Love everything about it!!

Topcho said...

Ohh, this is absolutely gorgeous!

Leanne said...

oooo lala! love it, especially her sleepy sloe-eyes. i'd think twice about getting candy from her! love the hard ware and your shading is fantastic!! TFS!

WickedPixie said...

Lilith looks absolutely stunning! I love how you envisioned her opening her castle door!
Obviously I sent you the e-mail about Glee's Rocky Horror episode before visiting here - I am really behind on my blog visits!! :-)Traci

Crafty Jenn said...

This is totally cool Amy!! I'm glad you went with your idea, 'cause this turned out great!

<3 Jenn

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

A fun interesting take on the sketch and I love how it looks like she's opening the door... her arms are positioned nicely! Great colors too! ;D