Friday, October 22, 2010

More Cherrie goodness

Good morning!

Guess who got herself the Rocky Horror Glee Show CD yesterday? LOL, yep that would be me! I've been waiting and waiting for a Season 2 vol. 1 type of CD but so far this season no such luck. I've been keeping track and there have been 25 songs sung... enough to fill 2 CDs and yet there's been nuthin'! I know that I can download songs and I will if I have to but I like having the CDs for when I'm driving in the car. Any fellow Gleeks have the 411 on this? 'Dammit, Janet' I wanna get my Glee on! :)

Ok, ok time for some card chatter... I made this for the Birthday Cherrie preview over on the Tickled Pink blog a couple days ago but I'm just now getting around to posting her here. I'm pretty sure she is available in the Tickled Pink store as a digi now and very soon she will be available in rubber as well. Christine really did a fantastic job in creating these little sweeties for Kellie... they are just too adorable!
And I'm proud to say that I used up another packaging strip from the cover of a My Mind's Eye paper pack on this. I can never bring myself to throw these away when the little strips of each pattern make for such quick and easy backgrounds on my cards. Still, it can feel a bit cray-cray holding onto/ hoarding them... LOL!

Well, I'm outta here, gotta go get ready for work. Enjoy your Friday everyone!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Minds Eye
digi stamp- Tickled Pink (Birthday Cherrie)
stamp- Verve (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Doodlebug cupcake pink, Colorbox lime pastel and creamy brown
The Twinery twine
Prima flowers
K&Co rub on stitches
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E51, E53, E55, YR21, YR24
clothes- YG00, YG01, YG03, E40, E41, 0, BG0000, BG000, BG01, C5, C7, C9
present/balloons- R22, R24, R29, RV21, RV23, RV25, BG01, BG02, BG05, YR15, YR16, YR18

31 comments:

slbt17 said...

what a fun card!
Sandra

RiNNE said...

Lovely card, Amy! I love all the Autumn colors, and your coloring is divine! How do you manage to do such creative sketches? I play around with my strips too but it often looks 'random.'. Hehe!

I must say that I'm a big fellow Gleek too. I just have to see the Rocky Horror show episode first. Can you believe that big movie buff me has never seen the movie? Hope you are enjoying the CD! Have a great shift at work!

Sue D said...

Very cute and I like that you used the packaging strip.

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I noticed this card yesterday over on the TP blog and I just thought that she was adorable as well as your card. I really love all these colors together and you have really used your paper well. heehee OMGoodness, Jerry is going to have me buying that CD I am sure. He doesn't know it is out. Poor man he'll just have to wait until next payday. Have a great Friday. My week really hasn't been as bad as I thought it might be, but I am sure feeling it this morning. :O) hugs, Lisa

Melissa S said...

I love little Cherrie! YOur card is too cute. I've been looking forward to some new glee music too. I guess I'm just going to have to start downloading them.

Tanya said...

Cherrie is so cute! Love this card, so fun, love the bright colors. Just beautiful.

Nancy Thomas said...

I've been known to use packaging too - that's not hoarding, that's going green, lol...Very cute and sweet card with such happy colors.

Lau W said...

Colors are fun ! Your card is fresh, love it !
xxx

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is just too cute, Amy! I really adore your work, you always put all the elements perfectly together! Love the cutie images too, can't wait to get the digi on Saturday!! :)

Have a fabulous weekend!

Mimi said...

She's adorable!! and what a great idea to use the packaging for the background! Fantastic! Have a great weekend! ;)

~* steph :) *~ said...

sweet sweet card, amy! love that packaging strip. such cheerful colors and patterns! love the cutie image too. thanks for sharing and have a fabulous day and weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Shazza said...

I just adore your card, it is beautiful x

Kimberly S said...

Adorable card Amy! Love the bright happy colors and your beautiful coloring! :)

stephanne said...

Awwww, she is as sweet as can be!! Keeping the sweetness alive by posting late, lol!! Love the colours and Cherries super cute outfit looks great in your colouring!!
hugs, stephanne

Renkata said...

Beautiful layout for this cutie :)
I must check about that Glee what you talking about. I never saw it.
I think it's still not here in Europe.

Andrea C said...

so very vibrant and excellent x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous coloring and so sweet card Amy!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love this card. Great color and Birhtday Cherrie is adorable.

Shirley N said...

Ohhh, I love all your colors Amy. I wanna color balloons like you. Sweet, sweet card!

Alice said...

awww... she melts my heart. love the yummy colors you used. super sweet card, Amy! off to check out those new digis! =)

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

How fun Amy! Love the layout and twine!Super adorable image!!!

Jodie from Oz said...

Amy, love your gorgeous card, the colours & design are fabulous. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jodie from Oz

cowboydutrem said...

Love it! Good idea for the packaging strip! it gives a beautiful look!

Leslie's Blog said...

Too cute. What a wonderful card. I wish someone wold send me a card like the one you made!!

Leanne said...

Pretty, pretty card Amy! I love these new sets of cutie pies. This one is so adorable sitting on that present. Love what you did with your card and how bright and fun it is. TFS!! Hugs,

me said...

Dear Amy,
what a totally lovely card once again. i LOVE the used paper and colours sssoooo happy soo great :oooooooooooooo

Karyn S said...

how gorgeous! I just love the bright colours you have used. just amazing!!!

WickedPixie said...

Amy, I LOVE the colors on this! It is so perfectly Happy! Such a fab layout, too! :-)Traci

Crafty Jenn said...

Haha! See... hoarding IS a good thing!

This is a very adorable card. Love the color combo.

<3 Jenn

Tasha said...

This is beautiful Amy, loving your colour work and fabulous use of colour
love tasha xx

Zarah said...

I'm so loving your cards. You're amazing!