Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hocus Pocus

Hey there!

Ok, so your going to have to put up with a little Glee chatter from me since I didn't have time yesterday... ;)
Even though I missed the Puckasaurous it was fun to hear more from the new Sam kid. At first I wasn't sure about him but I love how goofy they have made him. When he spoke Na'vi to Quinn I totally cracked up! And I'm diggin' the Jason Mraz type vibe that his songs have all had going on, definitely something that's been missing in the group. Oh and I loved the duet between Rachel and Kurt at the end... what can I say but awesome! :)

Now onto this week's Lil Lolita Boutique challenge and this one is all about using skulls on your card. It can be one or many, on the image, on the paper or as an embellishment... totally up to you. And with the new Lil Haunts digis now available it's the perfect excuse to get a little macabre on your card.
I decided to give Ghost Willow the 'big head' treatment and color her up to look more like a sorceress this time around. And I paired her up with the new Pink Paislee Hocus Pocus paper that is very cool... one of the sheets looks like a Ouija board and I was bummed I couldn't make it work for this one but that just means the wheels are turning for another card, LOL!
And once again I've used another of the Making Memories skully flowers. Sure they are a bit bulky but I love them and my goal is to use up the entire pack of six before Halloween... I'm half way there! ;)

Now I want to see you get your LLB groove on and join the fun. Kellie has your choice of three Tickled Pink digis up for grabs as the prize this week so that is a pretty fun incentive don'tcha think?!

Peace out home fries! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Pink Paislee (Hocus Pocus)
digi stamp- Tickled Pink (Lil Haunt Willow)
Colorbox black pigment ink
Kaiser Craft flowers
Queen & Co Rox
Making Memories skully flower
Copic spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, RV69, W1, W3, BV23
hair- T3, T5, T7, T9
eyes- YG03, YG25, YG95, BG000
clothes- BV00, BV11, V06, V09, V05, C5, C7, C9

25 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Amy,

Love your witch and potion card today! Pretty colors!!1 I like it! Ha ha, like your Glee talk! We're only at episode 8 or something, so it gives me a sneak peak, hi hi!

Hugs.
Wendy

Dotty Jo said...

This is brilliant Amy, love it! Jo x

Andrea C said...

love it, fantastic work x

Sudha said...

Another creative n beautiful project.

Lau W said...

Excellent ! love your card, the paper is superb !
xxx

Me said...

Beautiful card,great colours and coloring,cute image.

Grtzz Marjon

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is adorable! I love, love how you colored her hair. The skull has got to be one of the cutest skulls I have every seen. :O) heehee As for Sam, I too love how he sings. It has such a new sound to it. I was blown away with how well Kurt was able to do the Victor/Victoria song. I have been able to sing that whole movie since I was a kid. Not sure what that says about my parents...lol Are you guys getting the cold mornings and the awesome afternoons? I love fall, but the mornings are starting to get alot colder here. Hugs, Lisa

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Amy Your totally rocking this card girl!! it is sooooo gorgeouss!
hugs Ria

Kimberly S said...

Such beautiful coloring Amy, that hair really is amazing! Fabulous background for your 'sorceress'. Wonderful work! :)

Rosa Forino said...

wow che bella volevo farti sapere che parlo di te qui http://kreattiva.blogspot.com/2010/10/assenza-forzata.html ciao

Jacilynn said...

totally missed Puck too ;) ANd I was seriously cracking up about Finn& Rachels duet.

love this card. tHe paper is fabulous and love the skull button!

Renkata said...

Hi Amy
I love the way you coloured gost willow and the layout of your card.

Maria Therese said...

Cool card and cool papers!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... gorgeous card, Amy!! Love love love your color combo, and the skull on the flower is the perfect touch!!

WickedPixie said...

Love, love, love it! I think she is fantastic as a wizard (or maybe a Druid Priestess? hmmm) I almost bought some of that paper and now you are making me regret my decision to try to be frugal!! :-)Traci

Alice said...

wow. beautiful! love the pps and the design!

Joy said...

oohhh...so wickedly sweet! love your card and everything about it. have a good end of the week!

donna mikasa said...

Pretty poison! Love the Hocus Pocus paper--it reminds me of a ouija board, too!--and that skully flower is too cute!

Larisa said...

Oh, love it so much!!!! Her green yeys touches my heart)))

mycardz said...

Oooooooo, very cool card! Love your coloring of this awesome image! I really need to do some shopping!!

~Olga said...

Scary cute :) love it. Love how her eyes stand out. ~Olga

RiNNE said...

Haha, I just talked about Jason M during my previous comment...glad you like him too. I totally loved how he knew Na'vi!!! Awesome card...that paper and skull charm are too cool for school!

Leanne said...

this is soo beautiful Amy!!! So much gorgeous coloring. She's awesome and love that paper! Gorgeous all around! Hugs,

Shelby Goolsby said...

Such a cool card! Her hair looks really good and I love the skeleton on the flower.

stephanne said...

Ooooh, love the big head treatment on her, her hair looks magical and those flowers are loverly!!
hugs, stephanne