Thursday, October 19, 2023

All through the night...

Olo!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog today with a clean and simple Halloween card featuring the new Spooky Text stamp set. Not only is this set full of great sentiments for the upcoming holiday but it also includes three jack o'lanterns and three standing critters for you to choose from. I also added the older Spooky Script and Pathway Background stamps into the mix to help fill out the rest of this spooky cute scene. The idea to contain my stamped scene on a narrow strip came about because I had left over card stock scraps from cutting out some slimline card fronts. I hate to waste any of my good coloring card stock so this seemed like a fun solution. I stamped the pumpkins first, using Memento tuxedo black ink and masked them to create the layers. The standing cat was added next and I masked him off as well before stamping the Pathway Background over top everything. 

With the scene all set, I began coloring the entire background in shades of warm grey. Not only does this up the spook factor but it also speeds up the whole coloring process quite a bit. The black cat was colored using neutral greys to help him stand out and the pumpkins with their candle light glow became the only pop of color in the entire scene. With the scene all colored, I used a craft knife to cut around the cat's paws so I could tuck a small sentiment strip that I stamped up, into his grasp. I then mounted the scene on some black card stock that I cut one edge of using the Basic Borders die set. Rather than a stark white card base I chose to use a light kraft card stock to stamp the sentiment and the silhouette bats from the Spooky Script set on. The decorative scene strip was then adhered to the card base and I added a sprinkling of enamel dot embellishments to pull some orange to the other side of the card for a nice symmetry to the overall design. I really love how the play of color and light came together on this fun Halloween card.

Laters!


Supply list:
cardstock- Lawn Fawn and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Spooky Text, Spooky Script and Pathway Background)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Versafine onyx black

Hello Bluebird Basic Borders dies

Sharpie extra fine white pen

Doodlebug enamel dots
Copic markers:

background- W0, W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W6, W7, W8, W9, W10, 0

cat- N3, N4, N5, N6, N8, R30

pumpkins- Y000, Y00, Y11, Y13, Y18, Y35, YR04, YR18, E18, E89

0 comments: