Thursday, October 26, 2023

Such a fright...

Hello there!

I'm up on the Hello Bluebird blog with one last Halloween card for the season and this time I've inked up some more of the cute critters from the Candy Crew set. The little bear was really speaking to me as I love his look of concern and that upturned face. To give him something to look at I stamped the small spider just above, directly in the bear's eye line. I then added the bunny with the lantern so he could shed some light on what is spooking his friend. The spider needed something to be dangling from and the Full Moon Scene die with its spooky tree was the perfect solution to build the entire scene around. Using my Copic markers I colored the tree and foreground first, then the rest of the scene including these sweet trick or treaters. The bright full moon and night sky were done using the Copic airbrush system in order to get that super soft glow effect. Once the sky was complete I glued together all of the pieces of the die cut scene onto a white card base. All that was left to do was add a few finishing touches, including one of the sentiments from the Spooky Text set. The large "boo" was cut out using the Charlie Alpha dies and I think it is a fun addition to help play up the story I'm telling on this fun Halloween card. With a white pen, I then sketched in the line from the tree to the spider as well as a bunch of spider webs filling the space between many of the tree branches. I don't know about you, but I can certainly relate to being startled by the sudden appearance of an eight legged beastie... LOL!

Toodles!

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Spooky Text and Candy Crew)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Versafine onyx black

Hello Bluebird Full Moon Scene die

Hello Bluebird Charlie Alpha dies

Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:

bear/cape- E31, E55, E44, E57, R30/BV04, BV17, BV29

bunny/bucket/lantern- T0, T1, T2, T4, R000, R30/Y17, YR16, YR18/C6, C10, Y0000, Y000, Y00, Y11, Y02, Y18

tree- E43, E44, E47, E49

grass- Y11, YG00, YG03, YG63, G43, G94, G99
sky/moon- BG11, BG45, BG09, B37, B39, 100/G20, C2, C4

 

0 comments: