Monday, October 9, 2023

Witching you a happy Halloween...

Good morning!

I couldn't wait to color up this sweet witch from the new Sabrina set from Hello Bluebird and have her flying through the sky. Because I wanted to use the Starry Sky die and the Partly Cloudy die to create that sky I ended up using the coordinating Sabrina dies to cut out the witch and both bats. I began by using the Copic airbrush system to create a purple gradient on the card front, then die cut out the stars, keeping the cut out pieces to use as embellishments later. Next I die cut a circle and used the Tim Holtz moon mask on it before gluing it onto the starry sky. Once that was done I used the Partly Cloudy die with some sparkly opaque vellum, which I strategically added glue to in areas that I knew would be covered by the witch, bats and extra stars to tack it down. The sentiment strip also helped to hide more spots where I glued the clouds down. With the bats and witch finally colored up I added them to the card using foam adhesive to give them all a bit of a lift. I've gotta say, that even though this isn't my usual scene building style, it was a lot of fun and I am so happy with how it turned out.   :)

Toodles!

 

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink, My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler

sparkle vellum

stamps- Hello Bluebird (Sabrina)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Versamark Watermark
Hero Arts detail white embossing powder

Hello Bluebird Partly Cloudy die
Hello Bluebird Starry Sky die

Hello Bluebird Sabrina coordinating dies
Wink of Stella glitter pen

Copic Spica glitter pen black

Tim Holtz moon mask
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- C5, C7, C9

clothes/broom- W3, W5, W6, W7, W9, C1, C2, C4, T5, T6, T10, YR21, YR04, YR18, E18, V04, V09, FYG2/E25, E29, YR31, YR23, YR24, E37

sky/moon- V04, V06, V09, BV08/V01, C2
bats- E31, E34, E43, E44, W3, W4, W6, W8

 

0 comments: