Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gettin' sketchy at ATS

Good morning! Please be sure to scroll down for my TGF Trick or Treat blog hop post.

It's Wednesday and as always that means we've got a new challenge up over on the ATS blog. This week we have a new sketch from Janneke to follow and it's a great one! :)

For my card I actually flipped the sketch on it's head so that the semi-circle fell at the bottom... that way I could use this great haunted house piece of paper to set the scene for miss Larkspur. Then it was all about getting fun with embellishments... I just couldn't resist using another one of those Making Memories skully flowers and I thought the ghost brad was a fun touch to kind of be spooking this tentative little fairy.

Oh, and I tried out some new-to-me stamping cardstock on this one, Copic X-Press It. I've got to say that I'm quite impressed! Nothing bled outside the lines, the colors all blended beautifully and it is much thinner than my beloved Paper Trey Ink so it made cutting the image out that much easier. All in all it definitely won me over enough to continue using more of it. :)

Ok, now it is your turn to play in the challenge and remember, every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your card must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Making Memories (Toil&Trouble)
stamps- Sweet November (Twisted Sister Larkspur), Hero Arts (sentiment and tiny spider), Inkadinkado (spider)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox charcoal chalk ink
Making Memories (skully flower)
Oriental Trading ghost brad
ribbon
star gems
Zva tiny pearl
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, E04, W1
eyes- BV23, BV25, BV29
hair- T3, T5, T7, T9
clothes- G94, YG97, G99, C5, C7, C9, V91, V93, V95, V99, E40, E41, 0

28 comments:

Marianne said...

Beautiful card! Very nice halloween girl!

Lau W said...

Superb creation ! very nice !
xxx

Unknown said...

another amazing creation, amy! awesome job with the sketch!

chrilvian said...

oooooo another bjoetie

Lelia Pierce said...

Beautiful, girl! I love it!

XXX

Kellie said...

OH WOW Amy she looks stunning in a Halloween card WOW, your colouring is amazing as always and I am just LOVIN everything about this spookin amazing card!
hugs xx

Larisa said...

wow! It looks mystic a bit)) So nice image. Love the background paper a lot!!!
Hugs. Larisa. xx

Marley said...

Lovely halloween card! xMarley

martina's kaartjes said...

What a great card !!! Love the finishing touch and the stamp is marvellous !!!
greetings, martina
x

Carisa said...

gorgeous, I love all the DP you used & that fabby skully in the middle of the flower. I just got a sample of the xpress it paper, too & LOVE it!!

Crafty Jenn said...

This is awesome! Larkspur is my fav of your new Twisted Sisters. I'm still trying to make a corner bookmark from last week's challenge, so we'll see how far I get on this one! Lol!

<3 Jenn

WickedPixie said...

Amy, I simply adore this fabulous scene! :-)Traci

Sudha said...

Lovely amy. I really admire ur creativity n love to see ur works. Ur works r so cheerful dear.

Norma said...

Love it!!She is so cute:)

Tonje said...

Great scene card! Love everything about it!

Shirley N said...

Ohhh, love your design on this one Amy! Awesome card!

Joy said...

such a great card. love the DP used and the layout is sweet! cute image and love the added embellies! have a great hump day!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, She is just adorable. I love how cute this card is. I think it falls into the too cute to spook catigory. I was wondering where you were able to get the new Copic paper? I really want to give it a try and I haven't been able to find it. Have a great evening. Hugs, Lisa

Sharon said...

Cute halloween card

Pam Varnell said...

Gorgeous Amy. Love all the cute bling. I would love to come raid all your goodies. You always have the best paper and bling. Gorgeous card sweetie.

Stamping Cafe said...

Gorgeous gorgeous work, Amy!! Love your work, you ROCK!!

Alice said...

gorgeous card! love how you colored her hair! fabulous!

donna mikasa said...

What a fun sketch--love how you flipped it! Larkspur looks right at home on your awesome card!

Dragonlady said...

Wow how cool is this, love the scene and colours.

Hugs Ali x

RiNNE said...

What a great scene...loved the haunted house!

Tasha said...

Such a cute spooky card! Love the ghost and the sweet little scene
love tasha xx

Unknown said...

This is one amazing card!

Leanne said...

Awesome card Amy!!! Another winner! She's gorgeous! TFS!! Hugs,