Monday, September 27, 2010

Sweet November spotlight on Kelly!

Hello and good morning!

Well here we are closing in on a brand new month and that means Sweet November Stamps previews are about to begin! It also means that I've got October's SN guest gal to introduce you to before we dive into all those wonderful Christmas candies! ;)

So without further ado please let me introduce you to the lovely and talented Kelly Booth! I have been lucky enough to get to know Kelly this past year through serving on the CADT together and I just think she has some super mad skillz when it comes to coloring and putting cards together plus she is as sweet as can be! And she imbues each of her creations with all of that sweetness in such a fantastic and natural way that they really seem to come to life.

Ok, time for my favorite part of the spotlight... the crazy, fun SN questionnaire!

1) What color do feel represents your personality and why?
Hmmm… This month I would say Aqua… it is such a fun color and and it makes me happy even though it is blue.

2) Is your style of dress/ home decor similar to your style of card making?
I would say yes... I try and coordinate my colors well in both card making and clothing… and try and dress simple and I keep my cards simple most of the time.

3) What one thing always puts you in a good mood?
Coloring and New Toys!!!

4) If you could visit any time in history when would it be?
I would say the 50’s… they were always having fun drag racing, dancing, Pink Poodle Skirts… and I love the music too!

5) If you were a mythical creature ie. fairy, elf, mermaid, troll etc., what kind would you be and why?
I LOVE the water and hate to fly… so I would say definitely a mermaid!! With lots of Bling and color…

Bonus question
6) If you are a fellow Gleek, which character from McKinley High do you most identify with?

Gleek who??? LOL!!

Great answers Kelly... even if you haven't been bitten by the Glee bug yet! ;)

Now it's time to share Kelly's super cute card and how it inspired mine for today.
I was obviously taken with the idea of using that cool label shape that she works so fabulously, I don't own Nesties though so I had to get a bit creative... I found some Jenni Bowlin chipboard button packaging that was the right shape, just a bit wider. So I traced it on the back of my paper and cut them out to get the look. Then I also stamped the cloud background on some ledger paper. This is something that I have seen Kelly do a lot of and I LOVE the look so even though she didn't use the technique on this card I still feel like it is very much an homage to her. :)
The rest of the card is a pretty straight lift of Kelly's, from the deco edge cut grass and the bow/flower combo. Because Bramble is a digi I was even able to flip her so that she was facing the same direction as Darby does on Kelly's card, hey why mess with a good thing right?!

Kelly will be joining Traci, Rachel and myself in the October Sweet November sneak peeks starting tomorrow! I promise that it will begin to look a lot like Christmas this week, so stay tuned! ;) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Making Memories (ledger), Doodlebug (grass)
stamps- Sweet November (Bramble Lastleaf), Hero Arts (sentiment and cloud background)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown chalk and Autumn Leaves Manhattan Blue
Making Memories flowers
button
ribbon
Fiskars decorative edge scissors
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17
eyes- YG05, YG07, YG09
clothes- RV10, RV21, RV23, YR12, YR15, YR14, BG000, BG01, 0

22 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG this are so adorable ... love those colours, so sweet xxx

Larisa said...

Very beautiful card))) Absolutely fantastic job!!!!

Kelly Booth said...

So Honored to havebeen asked by you to join you three tfor this preview Amy! I Adore you and your images.....
Hugs! PS...i Love the card you made and swear I am going to buy you some nesties!!!

Leah l'Orange said...

great interview - woo hoo for AQUA! and GORGEOUS card, Kelly!

um, Amy, more sneaks? you're MAD, woman. but i love it!

Me said...

Beautiful cards,great interview.

Grtzz Marjon

Shazza said...

so very cute, I love it x

Lysa said...

Woohoo! Great choice with Kelly- always LOVE her work!

martina's kaartjes said...

Such pretty cards ! love the colouring !!! great job !
have a nice evening, greetings, martina
x

Nancy Thomas said...

Both cards are gorgeous. I really love your stamped background. Can't wait for the Christmas stamps although I alreay turned Bramble into a Christmas on a card last week.

Mimi said...

Fab card! Love the colors and sweet scene! Cant wait to see what tomorrow! and what?? You dont have any Nesties?? NO WAY!!! ;)

donna mikasa said...

Woo hooo! Can't wait to see Kelly preview the newest Sweet November line! Love your take on her card--I don't think you need any Nesties! Such a sweeeeet card!

Leanne said...

Super sweet cards ladies. I'm so excited for Kelly to join your group. She should be bringing a lot to the table a long with the other fabulous ladies and yourself. You did a fabulous job without the Nesties. Can't wait for the new line up of SN images. TFS!

Shelby Goolsby said...

Such cute cards ladies, great job. I can't wait to see the new releases:)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet cards! TFS :)

Alice said...

YAY!!!! looking forward to see the previews from Kelly!!! love both of your cards! so pretty and delightful! YUM!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. I think you both have made the cutest cards. I just love them and the fun happy colors. We did have a great summery day today. I wish is would last. Hugs, Lisa

WickedPixie said...

Yay for Sweet November having Kelly be a part of the team this month and Wow! I love your card done in "Kelly" style!! It still looks like you, with a little Kelly thrown in! :-)Traci

Robin said...

Love the interview.... both of the cards are fab (colouring just amazing!)
Robin

Leah said...

fun interview. cute cards!

Norma said...

Super cute cards love them both

angelique (anlou) said...

these cards are awesome hun
the images are so cute
hugs angelique

RiNNE said...

Two gorgeous scenic cards! Hooray for Kelly! I love her grass and your sky!