Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Make your mark... bookmark that is...

Mornin'!

It's time for a new challenge over at ATS and this week we want to see you make a corner bookmark. Now I've made a few of these before but nothing as fancy as this tutorial showed so I decided to go all out on mine today. :)
I grabbed paper scraps that where lying on my table and started putting this together before picking out an image, which is pretty unheard of for me... I almost always start a project by choosing my image first. Anyway, I went with a couple of the "B" side patterns from the Crate Restoration papers for the base and then it was time to figure out who was going to be the perfect fit. At first I was afraid of not finding anyone I liked but then I spotted the cute Emma holding rose from the CC Designs Take a Seat set. Her little eyelet lace dress was exactly the look I was going for but I did decide to alter her just a bit to hold a book rather than the rose... I was making a bookmark after all. ;)

I have to say that I love how this one came together and it makes me wish I had more free time to sit and read a good book, LOL! Ok, it's your turn now...remember, every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your card/ project must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!



Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Crate (Restoration)
stamp- CC Designs (Take a Seat Emma)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Fiskars mini scallop deco edge scissors
Martha Stewart border punch
ribbon
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E30, E31, E35
clothes- BG72, BG75, BG18, R32, R35, R37, E40, E41, 0
stool- E55, E57, E59
shadow/background- W00, W1, W3

37 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Amy,

This is gorgeous! Love the reading girl on the stamp you used!! The colors are wonderful, would love a bookmark like this!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Marley said...

Love your bookmark Amy!! Beautiful xMarley

Angela said...

I love these cute little bookmarks!! I've never made these yet!Not the corner ones!! They would make great gifts to give with a book!! And let's not forget how cute she is holding that book!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Rosa Forino said...

beautifull!!!

Shazza said...

this is gorgeous, think I need to give this a go x

martina's kaartjes said...

What a cutie !!!
have a crafty day,
greetings, martina
x

Nancy Thomas said...

Very cute - your hair coloring is always so well done. I have hair coloring envy!

Julie said...

how cute is that bookmark. Thanks for popping by my blog.

Topcho said...

Wow, this is first time I've seen such bookmark! And I love it, your's is gorgeous. Thank you so much for the link to the tutorial too!

Lau W said...

What an original bookmark, love it ! very nice !
xxx

Jamie N. said...

That is adorable, Amy. I love the little book you made her. So cute.

Juls said...

so fabulous and creative! Hugs Juls

Rhonda Miller said...

What a sweet bookmark. I just love these.

~* steph :) *~ said...

i loooove your bookmark. it's so adorable. love the colors and the inking! so pretty! i am playing along this week, it was so fun. i want to make more ;p'. thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

WickedPixie said...

Hey, if you had left the rose it would be like you were making a pressed flower when you closed the book! Ha! Yep, I often only amuse myself!! I love the sweet quiet feel you got and the altering you did! It is a lovely bookmark! :-)Traci

Danni said...

This is gorgeous! I just love it!

Mimi said...

How did you do that?!? Emma is so sweet holding her new book! You amaze me! ;)

Tammy said...

Amy this is super super cute!
I just love it.

Jacilynn said...

I love this image. I'm gonna have to make one of these bookmarks. too cute

Norma said...

SUPER SUPER CUTE!!!! Love it:)

Kim B said...

I love her! So cute. I love to read, I want to try those too..I just may have to now...

Lisa Lara said...

This is just the cutest Amy.

Alice said...

too cute!!! LOVE IT!!

Joy said...

wonderful corner tab for that special book you want to read. this is also a great gift to give. you colored her so cute! love it! have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Amy! I love that you altered her and added the book! I want an Emma like this already as a stamp! lol Love how you used the mini scallop scissors with this big MS deep edger. I bought that one but returned it because it was so big! boo! Now I wish I'd kept it! Love what you did here and Emma is a doll!
Pam Going Postal

Nina T.T. said...

Adorable! Awesome coloring, as always!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I think this is just adorable. I so love tutorials and all the new ideas that I get. This is definately one that I am going to check out for sure. :D Have a good day. Hugs, Lisa

donna mikasa said...

Cutest corner bookmark! Love that Emma's reading a book, too! Love Beate's tutorial--must give this a try!

Leanne said...

Wow!! That's a pretty fancy book mark! love it though. Great stamp and it's a perfect alteration with the book instead of the rose. You rocked it!! TFS!

Linda said...

Hey Amy! Super cute & sweet bookmark! If this was on my page, I wouldn't get any reading done! Awesome job! xoxo!

Aud said...

Fabulous! Love how you altered the image!♥♥♥

Hugs,
Aud

Sudha said...

Totally unique Amy,like it.

♥Rach♥ said...

I was wondering why I hadn't seen that stamp, lol! She's totally fabulous and this is a super cute bookmark LOVE it :0)

Stamping Cafe said...

What a beautiful bookmark, Amy! Love your alteration, you are amazing!

Robin said...

fab bookmark! Never thought of putting the image that way... silly me... I always center with corner.. but this makes perfect sense!!! Robin

Tasha said...

So cute Amy! Love your altering she looks perfect
love tasha xx

RiNNE said...

Amazing creation - This bookmark is so gorgeous! Love the altering and the coloring! Awesome take on the challenge, Amy!