Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sweet Cakes

Hey there!

How's it going? I'm feeling on top of things so that is always good. I think it helps having crummy weather because there aren't a lot of things to distract me from what I need to get done, LOL! :)

So yesterday I was cleaning my desk and trying to get things organized a bit and this card became a result of that process. You may recognize it as some of the last remnants of that Basic Grey Lemonade card kit I've been trying to use up for ages and ages... along with a few other odds and ends that were just floating around. For the main image I did a bit of head swapping between the Sweet & Toxic creeper girl and the Creepy Cake Royal Pain digi, both from TGF. I have to say that I'm in love with how she came out and I like to call her Sweet Cakes for some reason. Probably because I colored her up like a sugary confection and even added lots of Spica glitter on her dress that resembles sugar in the right light... boy could I go for something sweet to eat right about now, LOL!

Anywho, have a wonderful Sunday my friends! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (Lemonade), DCWV (green)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Sweet&Toxic set), Basic Grey (What a pear ladybug)
digi stamp- The Greeting Farm (Creepy Cake Royal Pain)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
Basic Grey alpha stickers
Crinkled Ribbon by Kiara :)
Prima flowers
Pink Hedgehog Crafts- Oregan Raindrops
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E50, E30, E51, E53, E55, 0
clothes- RV11, RV13, RV15, BG32, BG23, Bg18, E40, E41, 0

34 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous coloring, beautifull paper and love the bow in her hair!!

Me said...

Beautiful card,great paper,love your coloring.

Grtzz Marjon

♥Rach♥ said...

The head/body combo is PERFECT and I love the bow you added! Really wonderful Amy, so cute :0)

Cor* said...

Great coloring! FAB paper and sentiment!

Mette said...

Super card Amy. Love the stamp mixing and those papers are gorgeous. Just great.
Hugs, Mette

Kelly Booth said...

She is sooo cute Amy!!! Love your Sweet Cakes!!!

Leanne said...

She's adorable Amy! Love the alteration and love her name. hehehe.. Love that dp and the color of her dress. Hoping you find that sweet you've been craving. Have a wonderful Sunday!! Hugs,

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This combination works perfectly! I love the gorgeous colours.

*Michaela* said...

Aaaaah, what a cute card! All those yummy colors just make me smile - thanks for making my day - such a sweet card!
Hugs,
Michaela

RiNNE said...

That paper is lovely and your alteration is wonderful! My favorite part is the bow---what a great idea from Kiara!!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Squee! I love Sweet Cakes! I really thought that there was a stamp that I had missed out on ;) She's so cute! Love her crinkly bow! Pretty card :)
Enjoy your Sunday too!
hugs, margie

Stamping Cafe said...

Gorgeous coloring and sweet design, Amy!! Love that ribbon on her hair!

noomiy said...

amazing colours! :) I love it! :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

oo, i love your card, amy! sweet cakes is adorabley cute. love the colors and the bow in her hair! cute DP! i've been trying to clean and organize this weekend too. my tag was a creation i made from scrappy finds floating around too, hee hee. thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Sunday! *hugs* steph :)

Saskia said...

Lovely colours on your beautiful card!! So sweet!

Saskia :)

Unknown said...

what a great card I have this paper hidden away somewhere may have to get it out.

Tasha said...

Absolute gorgeousness! Loving the sugary colour combo and beautiful alering
love tasha xx

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, she is just sooo sweet! I am not usually a pastel kind of person, but she is just soooo sweet.... I am waiting for payday to get my Sweet & Toxic set and now I can't wait even more. This card just makes me smile. SWEET! Have a great day. We were going to winterize the pool today but it is really raining. Jerry is happy I guess I will just have to craft. :D Hugs, Lisa

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is so cute. TFS.

Kim B said...

Beautiful and love the paper too. Hope that you have a wonderful sunday and now have a clean desk too :)
Smiles,
Kim

WickedPixie said...

Hi Amy! You may have realized that I sometimes comment on your cards a day or so after they appear. Do you want to know why? It's because I save your blog for last in my reading because I know it will be like a great fabulous desert!!! I LOVE this sweet card!! :-)Traci

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love how you switched these images! Super cute card!! Love her bow in her hair too!

Sharon said...

Super cute card. Love the colors you used and the image is adorable.

Shirley N said...

She sure is SWEET and I love the bow in her hair!

Julie said...

totally gorgeous love the colouring

Kellie said...

WOW Amy this is gorgeous! Your colouring as always is amazing and I love the paper, always wanted to use mine but pop it in the too hard basket, might need to take it back out!

Hugs xx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is just absolutly gorgeous and these papers are my favs!! Beautiful colouring as always.
Kristy xx

Unknown said...

Super sweet! Thanks for sharing :)

Loz said...

I love this! So pretty, and love how you can still see most of that gorgeous DP! ♥

Alice said...

this is too cute! such a sweet card!

donna mikasa said...

Super sweet! I love how you combined the best parts of both images. She matches so well with BG papers, too! Another awesome card!

Pam Varnell said...

LOVE this. Sweet Cakes is just too cute. Love those colors and all your added bling. Amazing sweetie.

Crafty Jenn said...

Sweet Cakes indeed! Love this stamp combo. Nice work!

<3 Jenn

Marsha said...

This card is sooo cute and I love this new TGF Sweet Cakes you've come up with ! Just love how you always seem to make the TGF stamps even cuter ;-)

Marsha