Friday, October 28, 2011

Count your blessings

TGIF everybody!

I'm getting ready for a day on the town... mostly it's a big grocery shopping trip but I've got a few fun stops planned as well. I just can't resist popping into the big local crafty store, it may not be a Michael's or Hobby Lobby but it will do in a pinch. ;)

So this quickie card came together completely different than I had originally planned. At first I was all set on making another Halloween card for today's post but when I was flipping through my Pure Innocence stamps this adorable little pumpkin patch gal caught my eye instead. Sure, I could still make that work for a Halloween card... kind of like the day before Halloween when she is gathering up all her pumpkins to carve. But when it came time to find some papers that would work I pulled out this Simple Stories Year-ography pack that I got in a recent order and that's when the new direction hit me. I mean, how could I resist using that 4x6 piece of paper when it practically takes care everything (embellishing, color palette, sentiment...) leaving only the colored image for me to do? Awesome!

Speaking of coloring, it's funny but she actually kinda reminds me of myself a bit... short brown hair, roundish and always found in blue jeans and sweaters this time of year, LOL! To give the clothes texture I used some colorless blender on a scrap of denim for the jeans (you can see it done here) and on a scrap of terry clothe for the sweater. If you haven't tried that technique yet, I highly recommend giving it a go... I love how it adds interest to even simple images. :)

Alrighty, time for me to hit the road. Have a good one!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper/stickers- Simple Stories (Year-ography)
stamp- My Favorite Things (Pure Innocence Pumpkin Patch Girl)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut roan
Paper Trey Ink twine
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E59
clothes- B95, B97, B99, YG95, YG97, YG99, W5, W7, W9, 0
wagon/pumpkins- N5, N7, N9, C1, C3, E15, E07, E19, YR12, YR15, YR16, YR18, YR04, E43, E44

22 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is very lovely. love your coloring of this lil cutie too. Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Heidi

Brittney said...

I LOVE it! You did a AWESOME job!

-Brittney
www.brittneyscricutcreations.blogspot.com

gobeagirl said...

Amy I think this turned out darling. Love your texturing on her sweater too. Have a wonderful day shopping. I am envious, as all I 'get' to do today is work 8 to 5 and then repeat at 8 tomorrow. lol... Anyway, enjoy the local craft store. Hopefully you'll get a little warmer than we have been here the last two days. Hugs, Lisa

Nancy Thomas said...

The paper and image are perfect together. And I love the extra texture on the clothing. I did the jeans trick just the other day on a card giggling the whole time. The only old denim I could find was my husband's work jeans. When he mows the lawn next time he is going to find a piece of his pants leg missing!

Trina said...

I didn't even notice the jean's texture; I was too busy staring at that awesome sweater! Lovely card!

Creations by Shirl said...

Hello Amy~
Love your CAS card, so cute....
TFS on the "how to do the texture" on the clothing.... that is really a clever idea..... it's really eye catching too......
Have a great day shopping at whatever craft store it maybe...I'm like a magnet if I by pass two of our store's on the Big Island - I get sucked in and their goes my spending! (he,he,)
Have a super weekend my friend....
hugs to you....

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
wat een mooie en kleurrijke kaart,super!
groetjes van corry

Mimi said...

such a sweet card Amy! the texture on the sweater and jeans is so pretty...am going to check out the tutorial now! have a great day and fun at the craft store! ;)

Cindy H. said...

How sweet is this card!! Such a cute image and I like that technique you used with the jeans and sweater. I haven't tried it yet, though :)

Danni said...

Adorable card, so sweet! I always forget about adding texture with different materials--looks so fabulous here!
Hope your day on the town was fun!!

kris said...

Great card! yes i do love how you colored up her clothes... better check the vid out! Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

Mette said...

Super card Amy. I love autumn colours and all the little details are great. Love your stitching :).

Hugs, Mette

Cami said...

Such an adorably sweet card, Amy! I wish I could "think on the spot" like you and make a quick decision what to put together. I think she's a cutie with her wagonload of pumpkins!
Hugs, Cami

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fabulous card.

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card ♥♥

Shirley N said...

Love how you do your layouts Amy, this is beautiful! Sorry for not having time to leave comments all the time but I have been checking out every post. Love how you colored her jeans (I have your video saved)! Have a great weekend Amy!

Crafty Loops said...

Smashing card Amy. Lee x

Gloria Lee said...

Tried your denim technique & loved it. Thank you so much for sharing. Feeling a little Fall today thanks to your sweet little card.

Shaela said...

Another beautiful card - I think I like your CAS ones like this best! :)

RiNNE said...

That is so cool how you found a stamp that looks like you!! She is just adorable and I looooooove the textures you gave her sweater/ jeans!!! Wish I had a stamp that looked like me! (Remember that image of an Asian chick crafting from Karber?? Well, I begged Berenice to make her into a stamp ;)).

SuiLan said...

Aww she's cute! She looks like she would be such a loving and great friend to have just like you!

Leanne said...

Cute card Amy! I love the textures on her sweater, looks like something I would wear in the winter time too. So love it when the paper does everything and all you have to do is color the image and pop it on. Love the card and the theme. Fun!
;)