Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Decorated with happiness

Happy hump day everybody!

We've made it to that mid-week mark and I hope all is well in your corner of the world. The days here have been beautiful and sunny but the temps are definitely set in that chilly fall mode. I love this time of year and always feel a bit giddy pulling out all of my fave sweaters and other winter clothes. What can I say, I'm a cozy kind of gal. ;)

So today is a new post over on the ATS challenge blog and we are playing with a great sketch by Rachel this week. I thought it would be fun to do a bit of altering with the new Tree Trimmers Christmas Fairwees for this card. So I broke up the duo by only inking Daphne and a few of the kernels and berry trim. Then I stamped up some extra berries and popcorn kernels from an older October Afternoon stamp set that I have and added them to Daphne's garland strand. After all that work she and Jilly did creating these lovely decorations, Daphne just couldn't help sneaking away for a quick nibble or two of that yummy popcorn... and I can't say that I blame her one bit, LOL!

Now if you head on over to the ATS challenge blog there are lots of fun and different takes on this wonderful sketch that are sure to help get your creative juices flowing. :)

Hasta manana!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- American Crafts (Dear Lizzy Christmas)
stamps- Sweet November (Tree Trimmers Jilly and Daphne), Doodlebug (sentiment), October Afternoon (Very Merry set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
ribbon
Copic Multiliner black pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR30, YR20, Y21
clothes- R12, R22, R24, E55, E57, E59, G0000
popcorn/cranberries- E50, E51, 0, YR21, R05, R08, E07, E57
ground- E30, E31, E34, 0

25 comments:

Sunflower said...

so cuuute!

Hlora said...

It is very nice!!

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous and so sweet ♥♥

Mette said...

Fabulous Amy. Super layout and details as always. I have never had popcorn on a string with berries. Maybe I should try - she seems to love it :).

Hugs, Mette

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this card is very adorable. love it!!
Hugs, Heidi

Dotty Jo said...

Totally adorable... yet again! Jo x

Liliya said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! Love these fairies!!! Very lovely card!

Cindy H. said...

Absolutely adorable!! I am so inspired with the way you alter stamps to create a scene - very clever :) tfs

Crafting Aberrigines said...

how adorable is that ?
simply lovely ..
cutsie ...

Marianne said...

Another great card, Amy. I love the simplicity of the LO and colours.

Rosa Forino said...

semplicemente fantastica

jeanne girl said...

This is just so adorable!!!

Creations by Shirl said...

what a cute and adorable card Amy...
love the color combos too...

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the changes you made including lengthening the strand of popcorn and berries. Such a fun and adorable card.

Crafty Loops said...

Awwww how cute, I love this card. Lee x

Marzenciuk said...

Cute :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is a fabulous card.

SannaS said...

beautiful!! so sweet!! =)
hugs, SannaS

kris said...

ooooh i love this!! so fairy CUTE!! and matching paper too, even cuter!! =D

Annie's Creations said...

I just love how you alter your stamps...super cute!

Tress said...

This card made me giggle and am still smiling! Absolutely adorable!

yvon said...

Oh my, what a cutie. Verry adorable.
Hugs, Yvon

RiNNE said...

Super cute, Amy!! Love the adorable scene!! And that paper is so wonderful- glad you're making the most use of it!! :)

Stamping Cafe said...

This is totally fabulous, Amy! OMG... how adorable is she, LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Hugs!

Leanne said...

Whoa! I love how the background paper matches the main image. What find on that OA stamp set. Love this little cutie, especially because the popcorn is bigger than her but that doesn't stop her from munching on it! hahaha! Cute! :)