Friday, October 21, 2011

Spooky

Hey there!

Well what do ya know... we've made it to another Friday already. Hellooo weekend! :)

So I've had some requests recently to share how I color up furry characters, specifically little Joe Joe the werewolf. And since I had some time yesterday afternoon I went ahead and shot a video of just that. You can catch it here or on the Color Me Copic blog... hope you like it!
The resulting card came together super quick because I just grabbed paper scraps and die cuts from the Mischievous line that were laying around in the clutter that is unfortunately still making its home on my desk. Hey, every little bit that makes it on to a card helps, right? Not only that, but I also dug into my stash of reeeally old embellishments and stamped my sentiment onto a metal rim tag. Talk about kickin' it old skool, LOL! :)

Ok, so I've got to make like a banana and split... have a good one my friends!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/die cuts- My Mind's Eye (Mischievous)
stamps- Sweet November (Joe Joe the werewolf), Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox charcoal
Paper Trey Ink twine
metal rim tag
Copic markers:
fur- E50, E42, E31, E43, E35, E44, E47, R12
clothes- T5, T7, T9, YR14, YR18, E07

19 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWWWE! I love this card! well I really LOVE all your cards!!! He is sooooo darn adorable looking. Awesome Halloween card!!! Have an Awesome weekend too!
Hugs, Heidi

chrilvian said...

ooooooo great work
love the coloring

Juls said...

Hi Amy,

I am still playing catch up in blogland at the mo, gave been looking at all your inspirational work that I missed while on holiday!!

Hugs Juls

Tina said...

your cards are great as always! have a nice day,xx tina

Nancy Thomas said...

Joe Joe is the cutest werewolf around! A really fun Halloween card and I still like metal rim tags too! Have a great weekend.

Creations by Shirl said...

Joe, joe is so cute, looks like his ready to blow his pipes (howling). cute image and love the bg images and papers too..
Happy weekend Amy!
hugs~

Crafty Loops said...

I love this card and the image is so cute. (I emailed you earlier...I got my goodies! Yeah...thank you so much) Lee x

Maria Therese said...

Veeeeeeeery cool!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a fun card.

Christine said...

What a fantastic card! I just love your werewolf, he's adorable!

Unknown said...

Wow what a fantastic card.. Joe the Werewolf is so cute and your colouring is just spooky gorgeous :) Hugs xxx

kris said...

This makes me smile!! i just love his expression!!

Cindy H. said...

This little guy is just soooo cute!! I will definitely be viewing your video to find out how you made him so adorable :)

SuiLan said...

Aww this guy is too cute! Love the way you colored him up!

Cami said...

Oh how cute this card is! Your coloring is just absolutely gorgeous Amy!

Marzenciuk said...

I like this warewolf very much. Beautifuli colored :)

RiNNE said...

Your coloring of Joe Joe is amazeballs!!!! ;)

Loooooove that his shirt is a tad small-- you can see his fur belly!! Probably when he turned into the wolf! Can't wait to see the vid, thank you so much!!

SannaS said...

stunning coloring!! fabulous card!! =)
hugs, SannaS

Leanne said...

I love this guy, and especially when his fur looks like fur. Gorgeous coloring Amy! Fun paper and accessories. :)