Monday, October 17, 2011

An eerie glow...

Howdy folks!

I'm back with yet another Halloween cutie that I started during a past hair coloring video. Yep, I'm still working my way through getting them off my desk and onto some cards. :)
I did make some progress with the craft room clean up yesterday but there is still a ways to go. But for now that will have to wait as it is back to work for me today.

So this card features Perfect Poison from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and even though I've had her since last Halloween, this was my first time actually inking her up... tsk, tsk! To be honest I think I was a bit intimidated by her. I didn't quite know how to approach that bubbling potion she's holding but once I thought about it I decided to treat it kinda like candle glow. So instead of yellow highlights I went with an appropriately eerie yellow green light being cast from the bottle. I gotta say, I think she turned out quite sinister looking in a quirky, cute kind of way, LOL!

Ok, well I hope that this new week is off to a great start for ya. :)
Catch ya' later!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Mischievous), Rusty Pickle (green)
stamp- Kraftin' Kimmie (Perfect Poison)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox black pigment
Martha Stewart candy and label stickers
Kaiser Craft gems
The Twinery twine
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, YG0000, YG00, YG01
hair- E43, E44, E87, YG01, YG03, YG25
clothes- W5, W7, W9, V06, V09, G07, YG0000, BG0000, V20, E81, 0, YG01
background- T1, BV23, W00, W1, W3

33 comments:

Tina said...

woow! card is amazing

Crafty Loops said...

That image is fantastic.....she looks so mischievous and the reason I know that expression is because I wear it almost every day, heehee. Fantastic card Amy. Lee x

Andrea said...

A fab card - I love the way you've coloured the image and the chocolate wrapper is a great addition.
Love, Andrea xx

chrilvian said...

ooooo you did a great job...again

Jas said...

Love all the details...you're so good! TFS!

Maria Therese said...

Haha how cool!!! But I don't like the spiders.. not the real ones not the paper ones..haha but I'll look pat them because the Kraftin' Kimmie girl is soooo cool!!!

RiNNE said...

She and the potion truly are glowing!! What a wonderfully-executed card!! Those spiders just add the perfect embellishments!!

I've been finding stamPs I haven't colored either. There were a couple of Sweet November ones too! Bad, bad, bad!!

Maaret said...

I love it !

gobeagirl said...

Amy I am so glad you waited to color this sweetie up. I think you have nailed this one. She looks awesome and the dept that you have gotten with her dress and the glow is just amazing. It feels sooo good to be talking to you again. Hope you have a great day at work. Hugs, Lisa

Cindy H. said...

Ooooo, spooky!! :) Love how you finished her up with the green glow on her dress - so fabulous with her hair!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG!!! This is totally Adorable!
Love It!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Tress said...

This card is awesome! Your coloring of Miss Perfect Poison is inspired and inspiring.

Nancy Thomas said...

I love the Halloween glowing hair!! What a fun and "skeery" card.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Your colouring is awesome, love it and love the card!

Marley said...

LOVE it!! Hugs Marley

Mette said...

Uuuuuuh Amy - this is very creepy lol. The green looks like something that went wrong when I did science at school (a few years ago lol).
Totally brilliant card - love it.

Hugs, Mette

Creations by Shirl said...

Oooh those creepy spiders are gruesome.... love the image, great colors as always.....

Lau W said...

Love this image, so funny ! Your card has superb details !
xxx

Isa said...

Love this card !! It´s super pretty !! Woowwww

Annette Allen said...

aww so so so awesome..love that image..

Anonymous said...

Ahh!... It's too cute...
TFS!... =)

Hugz,

ღ ∫ℓ∂ηℓttℓ ღ

WickedPixie said...

This is fabulous! I would totally LOVE to see a tutorial on how you color "candle glow" or in this case "potion glow"!! Visiting your blog is a real bright spot to my day and I am always sending good thoughts your way even when I don't stop to type them out! :-)Traci

Luanne said...

hahaha! the stamp made me smile. really cute.

Luanne
craftersreference.blogspot.com

Stamping Cafe said...

Woo... the coloring on this is awesome, Amy! I miss your work, been so busy... good to be back to see your fabulous work! Have a happy week!

Danni said...

Wonderful card! I am surprised that any image would intimidate you--you are so talented!! Fun card and the little spiders are perfect!!

Cami said...

This is just fabby! Love her hair and spooky dress...great fun card!

Creative Tara said...

LOVE the look of your eerie glow, it really does look like it's coming from that bottle! Fab card!

Kelly Schelske said...

Love the glow, fab coloring, love her crazy hair!

Unknown said...

yay this is stunning :) what a cute image and fantastic colouring Amy, love it xxx

Leanne said...

Love how you colored her hair and dress!! One of my favorite cards I've recieved was with this wicked little girl. love the colors you chose and the hints of purple are so cool. So fun!

SuiLan said...

Wow I love that glowing affect!

Brandi said...

Love this card! It is fabulously funky and slightly creepy! :)

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Awesome - fantastic glow!