Saturday, October 22, 2011

Trick or treat, smell my feet...

Mornin' folks!

I'm running a bit behind this morning as I get ready to head off to work so this will be a quickie. :)

So I'm still making headway on getting the images from past videos off my desk and onto cards. I'm determined that I'll have all the Halloween ones done before Halloween actually comes and goes, LOL! Today I've got the Spooktacular Mummy from TGF all colored up along with the entire scene that I created when I did the masking video a while back. This one is really all about the coloring so not a lot of paper or embellishments fussing it up. The sky is colored with Copic marker BV23 and then to smooth out the streaks I just put some colorless blender on a scrap of terry cloth and dabbed it all over giving it a nice mottled appearance that looked much more sky like. If you try this technique just be sure to do that step first so that you don't accidentally dab colorless blender all over the parts of the scene that you want to stay smooth, like the houses and that cute mummy here.
I also drew a small candy pail for the little trick or treater to really finish off the entire scene.

Okey dokey, time for me to scoot... thanks for stopping by... Oh! And Carisa has a new hair coloring video up at Color Me Copic today so be sure to check that out too! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Simple Stories (green polka dot)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Spooktacular mummy), October Afternoon (Weathervane and Home Sweet Home sets), Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Martha Stewart black
Doodlebug twine
Copic black multiliner 0.1
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11
clothes- E81, W0
scene- G94, G99, N1, N3, N5, E42, E43, E44, E47, BV01, BV02, BV04, BV08, YR21, YR12, YR18, YR04, YG01, YG03, YG17, YG67, Y15, C5, C7, C9
sky- BV20, BV23, 0

17 comments:

Hlora said...

It is funny))

Heidi Brawley said...

Omg this is Awesome!!! Love the candy pail you drew too. You are Amazing!!! Hugs, Heidi

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, what a fabulous card.

Juls said...

such a fun card! Hugs Juls

yvon said...

Hi Amy,
Love your spooky, funny card.
Hgus, yvon

Renkata said...

So spoooky cute card Amy.

Cindy H. said...

This is just so cute!! The sky came out great! tfs

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Amy -
This sure is such a cute fun Halloween card....love your title and that mummy is just ready to go trick or treating.... I can see the homes are all lighted up for him too....Awesome coloring..
Have a super weekend my friend...,
Hugs:-)

gobeagirl said...

My neglected friend, I think this turned out just great. I love how you have colored the little house and the mummie girl. Very very sweet. I hope you have a great day at work and a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Lisa

Mette said...

Wonderful card Amy. Colourful and full of happy childhood fun. Just super.

Hugs, Mette

Crafty Loops said...

I love this card, the image is so beautiful. Lee x

Kelly Schelske said...

This looks awesome Amy!!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Love the scene you've created.

Јасна said...

Lovely card! :) Jasna

RiNNE said...

...give me something good to eat!..

Fab scenic card! Your sky looks wondeful and I love his little pail!! Your coloring rocks! He looks perfectly fitting amongst the houses!! Like this was a whole big stamp!

Brandi said...

Awww.. what a stinkin cute card! I really need to try out your awesome sky coloring technique. :) TFS!

Leanne said...

Cute scene Amy! Spooky looking sky, pretty awesome! :)