Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Thinking...

Hello, hello!

We've been having quite the mix of fall weather here lately... one minute it's sunny, the next rainy and then add in the wind and you just never know what you'll get the next time you step outside. I love it though, the beautiful colors always inspire me. Which is the case with my card today actually.

I wanted to finish coloring up this gorgeous Miss Anya that I had started on the medium skin tone video from awhile back and I thought she would look pretty in a fall color scheme. So I dug around in my scrap bags and came across these old-as-the-hills papers by My Mind's Eye that I forgot how much I loved. At first the plan was to keep the design very CAS with a color-blocked background but when I went to add Miss Anya to it the card still seemed to need something... it was just too empty look for me. I took a look around my messy desk and spotted these die-cut ginkgo leaves. The shade of green isn't a perfect match to the paper I used but I thought they had a similar look to the style of the print so I added them anyway. Perhaps I ended up over-embellishing a bit but I still kinda dig it. :)

Ok, I've got the day off and some errands to run this morning before I get busy on some fun things so I should get going.
Have a good one my friends!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/journaling spot- My Mind's Eye (Signature Suite)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya Bags), Technique Tuesday (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown
Paper Trey ink ginkgo leaf dies
Kaiser Craft pearls
buttons
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E59, E49
clothes- E81, 0, R35, E07, E08, E19, YR30, YR21, YR82, W5, W7, W9

27 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE!!! Great coloring of this Anya. The whole card is Beautiful!
Hugs, Heidi

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous fall colors! The gingko leaves really make the image standout.

Marzenciuk said...

Ojej. She's so cute. Adorable card :) Greets

Tina said...

fantastic card!

Mette said...

This is gorgeous Amy. Love the details and papers and what a super image. Your colouring as always F A B U L O U S :)

Hugs, Mette

Creations by Shirl said...

Hey Amy - love this coloring on Miss Anya - she's got to be on my wishlist soon.... she's adorable!
love your color choices and cute buttons and great details on this card....Such a fab card!

Lau W said...

Oh so cute, your card is very nice, so adorable !
xxx

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! I love how you've coloured her, she looks awesome. Stunning card, Amy!

corryskaart said...

hoi amy
wat een prachtige kaart zo in de herfsttinten,en ik wilde dat ik zo goed kon inkleuren:-))
groetjes van corry

Leanne said...

Wow, love her hair! And I love the swap of the gingko leaf for her purse. So pretty!
Have a fun day!!

Jenny said...

I spy that ginko leaf die by PTI! You manage to incorporate beautiful stuff w/cute stuff so nicely. BTW- got the cards yesterday... thanks!!!

KimberlyRae said...

I love it all!!
Embellished Perfectly!
Painted Perfectly!
P E R F E C T!!
Hugs and Blessings,
KimberlyRae
kreationsbykimberlyrae.com/blog

Cindy H. said...

This card is just darling!! I love how you put different dps together. You have such an eye for color and design!

Maria Therese said...

Gooooooooooooooogeous!!!

Suvenkorento said...

Lovely card! The fall colours are so pretty, I love how the pearls are placed :) The scroll goes so well with the sentiment.

1LuvnMama said...

Darn, I should've got them ginko leaves! :) You make them look so elegant! :) Great job Amy . . . hope all is well!

Crafty Loops said...

Stunning card Amy, really lovely colours. Lee xx

kris said...

So beautiful!! i love me some warm earth tone colors and this is just radient! LOVE it!!

SuiLan said...

Aww Miss Anya is so cute! Love the hair coloring and the papers and embellies are gorgeous!

Karla said...

Soo cute.

Isa said...

Ohhh, it´s PRETTY !!!

RiNNE said...

I don't think you over-embellished at all! Loved how this came out! I think the green shade is perfect with the background/ her clothes~ What a perfect Fall card! Love her coloring, especially her hair. And those sprinkles of pearls finished it off! At first, I thought you handwrote your sentiment -- it looks hand-written :).

Cami said...

Gorgeous card, Amy! I don't think you over-embellished it and the spray of gingko leaves looks great and especially that little gingko leaf she's holding! Her hair is colored so beautifully! When will I ever learn to color like this?!!! Your creations are always an inspiration and I love how you put your color scheme and DPs together.

Arabella said...

Gorgeous card Amy! I always love your colouring! The gingko leaves look perfect!

Arabella

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Beautiful! She would be great as a Christmas card too... instead of the leaves, add a pine bough and maybe a tree behind her? First time here... LOL, love your coloring and art!
hugs,
Sharon F.

Sudha said...

Its so sweet. I like it.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Shirley N said...

Beautiful Amy, love her and your leaf die behind her!!!