Monday, October 24, 2011

Picture perfect Halloween

Hiya!

Hi-ho, hi-ho it's back to work I go... but before I do I have a quick and fun little Halloween card to share today. :)

I finally made it to the last (but not least) of the Halloween images that I had started during past coloring videos. This little cutie is Miss Rosalie from CC Designs and I used her in my 'black hair and black clothes' tutorial. I was going for a kind of Wednesday from the Addam's Family type vibe with her and new from the get-go that I wanted to pair her up with these fun tombstone stamps that I got this year. They are a clear set from Inkadinkado and they originally have text in each of the tombstones... none of which are ones I saw myself using much soooo... I grabbed a pair of fine tip scissors and carefully cut the text out of each stamp. Now I have six blank tombstones that I can add anything I want to them, which is great!
And how cute is that Polaroid frame? I was using up more Mischievous scraps on this card and came across the die cut sheet that goes with the line. As soon as I saw this frame I knew just how I wanted to create Rosalie's scene. I like how it contains everything and looks like Pugsley or Cousin It took a snapshot of her in the graveyard on Halloween night. And the added bonus is the perfect little place that it provides for a sentiment... love it! I'm thinking I may need to make some of my own frames like this because it would be super easy to do.

Alrighty, time for hair and make-up.
TTYL! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper/die cut frame- My Mind's Eye (Mischievous)
stamps- CC Designs (Miss Rosalie), Inkadinkado (tombstones), Hero Arts (spooky tree), Studio G (sentiments)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Martha Stewart black
button
Paper Trey Ink twine
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- C5, C7, C9
clothes- T3, T5, T7, T9, BV23, BV25, BV29, E81, 0

29 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE!! this is totally adorable!!! Your work is Awesome!! Have a Great week!
Hugs, Heidi

RiNNE said...

Such a wonderful card!! The scene is eerie and she looks wonderful in black - still really cute :). Love how you always find the perfect accessories and papers! Have a great day at work!!

Sara I. said...

Absolutely adorable! LOVE the lone button and fabulous scene you created! Beautifully colored!

chrilvian said...

ooo she is lovely
like the sentiments on the graves

Cindy H. said...

Totally adorable!! She does remind me of Tuesday and I love the little scene you created for her!

I don't know if your blog will allow messages with links so I'll just let you know that I posted a card using Mumford the Mummy at SCS. I just love that little guy and I plan on posting one more using him :)

Nancy Thomas said...

LOL, she does have a Wednesday look about her. The tombstones are fun and not too spooky. Love your coloring.

Jas said...

Wow, so coool! Tfs!

Crafty Loops said...

What a brilliant card. Definitely a wee Wednesday Addams wannabe isnt she. Love the background too. Fabulous card. Lee x

Creations by Shirl said...

Another adorable card, and Rosalie pretty as ever... love the shades of your color combo too...
Have a great day at work....

Tress said...

This card is fabulous! Love the spooky but totally fun vibe.

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is so adorable! I love how you have used the picture effect on your card. This is just an awesome idea. I do have to laugh at myself for saying however that a picture of a little girl in a grave yard is cute. heehee! How dark is that. Hope you have a great day at work. Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

I Love this!!=)

Annette Allen said...

aww love this card..

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! I love how you've used sweet Rosalie in a spooky card. The tombstones are awesome.

Rhonda Miller said...

Sooo cute. TFS.

tiggertastic said...

what a fantastic make, love the image to bits

sarah x

Lau W said...

Superb card Amy, as always, love this litlle girl !
xxx

JLJ Designs said...

Wow! This is beautiful. I love the picture effect. I'll need to check out the video.

Jen

corryskaart said...

hallo amy
wat mij verbaasd dat je met de donkere kleuren zoals zwart en grijstinten toch zo mooi kan kleuren!
groetjes van corry

Kelly Schelske said...

Love her black hair Amy! The scene is fabulous too!

yvon said...

Love, love, love her.
Hugs, Yvon

Karla said...

Such a wonderful card!! The scene is eerie and she looks wonderful in black

Caroline said...

Great card! Love the spooky tree and tombstones. Everything fits just perfectly!!

nurse cupcake said...

i love how you used different stamps to create the whole image! very nice card :)

donna mikasa said...

Perfect Halloween Polaroid shot! Love this!

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the huge compliments on my two cards... I saw that Pam took another card from me for the post. I will add Josie to my blog tomorrow.
I'm very honored that you like how I use them.
As I told you beforen... You are my inspiration on how to colors...
As the cards you've shown for halloween prove!!! You rock girl!

Thanks and hugs

Liliya said...

Marvellous work!!! I am amazed by how you rock those black colours!! The way you colour hair, black and white picture recently, and now this one! AMAZING!!!

Arabella said...

Fab card Amy! I love the look of those T toned copics... might have to get myself some!

Arabella

Leanne said...

So cute! The polaroid frame and everything inside is fantastic. Love how you got so creative! Your mojo must be back, I can see how much fun you had with this. Gr8 job as always Amy! ;)