Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Too cute to spook

Olo!

Soooo... I got some new Sugar Nellie stamps in the mail recently and I've just been itchin' to ink them up. But time and again that has kept getting put off for other things so they had to sit and wait, it was torture I tell ya!
Well yesterday I finally had time to dive in to them and sweet Delia here was really speaking to me. The shape of her dress kinda reminded me of a pumpkin so I ran with that idea and decided that with a bit of tweaking she would make for a super cute trick or treator. All I did was wipe away the large flowers on her skirt with a baby wipe before stamping and then drew the circles back in, but this time turned them into a crazy jack o'lantern print. Now she reminds me of a little girl who couldn't decide if she wanted to be a witch or a butterfly for Halloween so she went with both costumes at once, LOL! ;)
There is actually quite a lot of sparkle added to her wings and costume but as always the picture just doesn't want to pick it up... sigh. But one thing you can't miss are all those bright Doodlebug colors, heeheehee... love 'em! Overall I think it is pretty obvious that I was having a lot of fun with this card, which is all that matters in the end. :)

ETA... this week's Flutter By challenge is to use the colors; black, purple, orange, and green on your card so how perfect is that?! Looks like I'll be poppin' this card over there to play along!

Ok, time for me to go get ready for the day.
Later gators!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug (Monster Mania)
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Fairy Glen Delia), Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Martha Stewart black
Sakura clear glaze and stardust glitter pens
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic black multiliner 0.1
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- Y38, YR04, YR18, R08
clothes/wings- T5, T7, T9, YG01, YG03, YG25, YR04, YR18, V15, V17, BG32, BG15, Y35, Y38, Y11, Y13, Y17

39 comments:

tatyana said...

красотища

tiggertastic said...

what an adorable image and so bright and fun too

Sarah x

Erin- said...

This is so adorable! I love the way you've altered her skirt. So cute! It really does look like she couldn't decide what to be for Halloween. :)

Marianne said...

Oh Amy, this is really cute!
I love the bright colours, including the hair!
Marianne x

Liliya said...

Amy, you rock those bright colours!! And colouring in black is so fab!!

Francy said...

So sweet image!!!I love how you colored the hair and the dress!
Hugs
Francy

Annette Allen said...

so adorable...love those bright colors..

Mette said...

You rock Amy!!! Super card and what a great idea to "alter" her dress decoration.
Another thank you for your youtube vids, been having a look and learned a thing or 2.

Hugs, Mette

Tina said...

card is so adorable

Cindy H. said...

What an adorable image!! Love the altered image, her beautiful hair, and all the wonderful color - just so fun!

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my card using Mumford The Mummy. I was giddy with delight to read them :)

Tress said...

Lovin the bright colors and your altering! Glad to see your mojo is back!

Nancy Thomas said...

An awesome change to the image to make her a Halloween costume. Completely adorable and I love all the bright colors. I have some new Sugar Nellie too but it's a case of too many stamps not enough time right now!

Leanne said...

Hi Amy!!
O my, this is super cute! Love the bright colors and love ur alteration! She is adorable! ;)
Have a great day!

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Amy -
Love those bright bold colors and fun papers you used on your layout...cute image and her orange hair is so cool...

Unknown said...

this image is so stinkin cute!!!! awesome card once again=)

Unknown said...

this image is so stinkin cute!!!! awesome card once again=)

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is sooo cute. That image is soo sweet. TFS.

Mimi said...

TOOO CUUUTE is right!! What a sweet adorable fairy and love the colorful papers!! :D

Renkata said...

ohhh so cute Amy,
Adorable design.

Jenny said...

Love the pumpkin dress! These fairies are darling.

Marzenciuk said...

Absolutelly cute :)

RiNNE said...

So very pretty! And I love those colors! Her altered skirt is fabulous, and your black coloring is phenomenal!

Maria Therese said...

so cool!!! Love what you did with her ♥♥

Anne said...

Gorgeous Amy, This is a smashing image and those bright bold papers make the perfect card. Love it
Anne x

Dotty Jo said...

This is adorable - such a clever way to alter that stamp! I bought her earlier this week but haven't inked her up yet, Jo x

kris said...

That is CUTE!!! and i LOVE your fun papers and bright colors! beautiful!

Alice said...

soooooo cute! adorable Halloween card, Amy! love it!

Dangina Martinez said...

Wow, this is fabulous! Love teverything about it!
Tons of hugs, Dangina

Kelly A. Clark said...

What a lively combination of colors and patterns! I felt like a kid again just taking it all in - very nice!

Gloria Lee said...

Love the bright colors. This card makes me happy.

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just adorable. I just love reading how your mind works with these awesome stamps. I think that all the colors and her adorable 'homemade' lol.. dress are just wonderful. I am glad that you were able to finially ink her up as she is just perfect! Have a great evening. Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

hey Amy,
I just discovered these new stamps and I thought of you=)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/SaturatedCanaryDigis?ref=si_shop

Kelly Schelske said...

Love the fun, bright colors and her hair is so funky! Great work Amy!

Heidi Brawley said...

omg I can't believe I missed coming to your blog earlier today. I love this soo much. how Awesome the whole card. Great Work as always!!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Shaela said...

this is soooo cute!! love it!

Unknown said...

Yes, too cute to spook, this is so cute, love it xxx

Danni said...

You are so creative!! Love her pumpkin filled skirt!! Super cute!! thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge! I always smile when I see your name in the InLinkz!

donna mikasa said...

Oh, this is just too cute and colorful! I love the bright colors from the papers and that perfect sentiment, too. She is WAY too cute to spook!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! It is so cheerful. :)