Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hope your Halloween is a scream

Greetings and salutations to all you crafty 'ghouls'! LOL
I know not everyone celebrates Halloween but I hope your day is frightfully delightful. :)
Our downtown business association gives out candy tonight so I will be donning my fancy witch hat and candy corn jewelry after work to spread joy and cavities to all our local kiddies... always fun to see the streets lined with the different little characters.
So seriously, how could I not post a Halloween card today? Especially when the Mystery Monday challenge at Club Anya is all about Halloween this week too. Now I realize that I don't technically qualify since I used Sprouts rather than Anyas but I had this idea to turn Hugh and Dahlia into a pair of zombies so I just had to run with it. ;)
I did have to alter Dahlia a bit to get the look I wanted... got rid of the flowers and pattern on her dress, changed her mouth and added the skully barrette. Hugh on the other hand looked perfectly zombie-ish as is, LOL! I can't even tell you how much fun I had coloring these two as pasty faced little un-deads and the new Basic Grey paper made a cool yet kinda creepy backdrop for them.
From here on out I will be diving full force into Christmas cards, still need to get more made before the end of November but I thrive under a deadline. ;)
Now to end this post with my best maniacal mad-scientist laugh in honor of the day... BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA! :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper- Basic Grey (Eerie)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (WS Dahlia and WS Hugh) Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
Heidi Swapp tulle
Imaginisce epoxy brad
Kaiser Craft gems
Copic multiliner pens 0.1 and 0.3
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E70, E71, G82
hair (hugh)- E43, E44, YG97, YG99
hair (dahlia)- W1, W3, W5, W7, YG99
clothes (both)- C3, C5, C7, C9, YR21, YR23, Y38, YG21, YG23, YG95, E44, E47, E49, E40, E41

31 comments:

MicheyMoo said...

Amy....I don't celebrate Halloween at all, though I've certainly appreciated all the efforts my OS friends and blogfriends have put in during the past few weeks. :)

These guys are absolutely ghoulish - look like they've just spied the evil ghosts that lurke about seeking such prey.

Funny.....I stamped and coloured Dahlia last night - but mine doesn't look anything like your image. lol

Enjoy your night out and about spooking small kiddies. :)

Michey xxx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, Just adorable!! I love your papers and your ghouls ROCK!! Our downtown does the same thing, so the kids & my dh are doing that and a local church that we go to every year...So fun! I have to admit until I had my kids Halloween was not my Favorite holiday....Now my daughter is planning next years costume the after this one..lol...Happy Halloween, wonderful card...Love,love, love it..Lisa G

RiNNE said...

OoooOOOoooo, your mad scientist laugh scared me!!! Hehehe! Love, LOVE, LOvE your card!! It's spooky enough, but not too scary! You are so creative! While everyone else is scrambling with Halloween stamps (not that there's anything wrong with that), you alter yours into zombies!! & what fun coloring! I just colored an Edward Cullen image and thought it awesome that he was so pale! & I love that BG paper!

Amy, do you ever sell your cards? Do you have an Etsy account?

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! I'm starting to wish we'd celebrate Hallowe'en so that someone would send me an awesome card like this. Gorgeous colouring and fab embellishments.

Mette said...

Yikes!!! I nearly jumped out of my chair in freight. That laughter echoed all the way to the UK.
Love your card. Those images are just sooooo ghoulishly cute. FAB.
Thank you for sharing and have a lovely day, Mette

Claireabelle said...

Love you zombie creation!!! Have a great hallowe'en!
xx

♥Rach♥ said...

Your coloring to make them look zombie-ish is outstanding! Really cute and spooky card, I'm totally ready for Halloween to start NOW ;0)

Gabby said...

I am in love with this one! Do you sell your cards? Because if you do...I would LOVE to buy this from you!

BTW...I LOL'd about the "cavities"! You're a dentists dream! LOL! Happy Halloween!

Jennifer said...

I love it! Beautiful card.

Marianne Penner said...

This card is awesome; I love it!

Stephenie said...

I am so happy I found your blog, I just had to add you to my faves on my own. Awesome, your copic coloring is amazing!
Hugs,

Kelly Booth said...

THIS is so Flipin Cute Amy!!!! Wowzers...Just LOVE it!!!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh my gosh this is a scream!!! I have some ideas for the challenge but I fear they may be a little too morbid! Beth

kadie said...

This is AWESOME! Love the little open mouth on Dahlia! So many cool details and the sentiment is perfect!

kris said...

Happy Halloween!!! Amy you rocked this again! awesome! they look spooky, yet oh so sweet! =D i love the DPs you used... it totally adds to the images... have an awesome day!!! hugs, Kris

Kim said...

Brilliant! Night of the living dead re-born in a card, awesome!

donna mikasa said...

This is just toooo spooky cute! Love the zombie look and on both of them and that sentiment is perfect! Have fun spreading "joy and cavities"!!

Angela said...

Amy I love this card. Just too cute. Love the black tulle you added.

Randi said...

Amazing Halloween card!! WOW! This is so awesome!! The background is gorgeous!! My favorite is the skull in Dahlia's hair! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! Seriously brilliant!!
Have a wonderful Halloween!!

Angie said...

OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS!!! I think this may be my FAVORITE card from you EVER!!!!!!! I have always though Hugh looked a little "zombie-ish" and you just made him PERFECT. and Dahlia is absolutely PERFECT as a zombie! I can't express how fantastic your card is and how much I love it!

Jenny V. said...

Your mad scientist laugh is so hilarious. Another great and fun card. I love the DP and great job on your alter on Dahlia. She still looks adorable being a zombie. Have a happy Halloween!

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh gosh how adorable. You did a great job turning them into zombies.
Happy Halloween to you.
mwah
Trace

Unknown said...

OMG, Amy! This is too "sppoky" cute! I love the the zombie like images! Too darn cute!

Kerry said...

How spook-tacular!!! Totally bloody awesome! :)

Alice said...

LOVE the skull on Dahlia, so cool!!!!!! thanks for a spooky card!!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Love ALL of it! :) You totally rock with the altering. :)

Tonje said...

Oooohhhhh.... scary! They're so cute...

Crafty Jenn said...

OMG! I love it! Awesome!

WickedPixie said...

Every time I pick a new favorite of yours, you go and make another completely totally awesome one!! How am I supposed to pick my favorite!? (JK - I really, really love this one though and am pretty jealous that I didn't think of it!!) :-)Traci

Tammi said...

LOL, love your ending laugh! ;) This is amazing...as always! Cute idea with the skull in her hair, and what a fab scene!

sandra said...

WOW!
This is stunning!
I love how you did that background!
Perfect!
Hugs!
Sandra!