Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ahoy matey...

Good morning! 

The September release previews continue over at CC Designs today. This month the new stamps fall into three different categories; autumn, pirates and circus. For the pirate theme showcase I chose the sassy Li'l Lolita Captain Dawn and Land Ho' Background. It's been a while since I've colored up a Li'l Lolita so this was a real treat getting Dawn on to a card. I usually rely on pattern paper to create scenes for the characters on my cards but I was in a coloring sort of mood so the Land Ho' Background totally came into play. I think I was channeling Pirates of the Caribbean which actually makes me want to have a Pirates marathon sometime soon, LOL!   

Ok, don't forget to check out the CC Designs blog to see all of the new September release pirate themed stamps in action and get your name entered into the drawing to win them before you can buy them!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- TPC Studio
stamps- Li'l Lolita (Captain Dawn and Land Ho' Background), Studio Calico (sentiment set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown
Kaiser Craft gems
EK Success gold pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E13, R11, R21, W3, R17, R27
eyes- E84, E87, E89, BG000
hair- E44, E47, E49
clothes- R35, R46, R89, W1, W2, W3, W5, W7, W9, W10, C5, C7, C9, C10, 100, Y21, Y26, Y28, Y13, B02, B16, B18, BG000
parrot- T5, T9, B05, B06, Y15, Y17, YG25
eyeglass- Y13, YR21, YR23, Y26, Y28, B000
scene- E41, E42, E43, W4, E53, E55, E57, YG00, YG01, YG03, YG17, C1, C4, E30, E31, E33, E35, YR21, E44, E47, N2, N5, N7, R46, BG10, BG23, BG18, B0000, B000, 00, Y0000, Y00, Y02, Y15 

6 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card is Awesome looking. Your coloring is perfect as always!!! Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, you are just killing me! :0) I LOVE how rich and beautiful you have made her look. I would love to see you do a video on how you have colored her. Your card is just awesome and I think your inner pirate came on this one for sure. lol... Hope your Tuesday is off to a great start. I am sure that we will be swamped at work today, but the best news is that it is payday. Hehe.. or should I say exchange day? Anyway my friend take card. See you tomorrow. Lisa

Julie D. Richards said...

Amy, this is fantastic. Love the whole scene you created. We had a pirates marathon in my house recently. And over the weekend we had a Twighlight marathon. Have a good week.

Stephanie said...

So beautiful! I always love seeing your cards!

designermc said...

Wow, what a cool card. Love the image and as always your coloring is fabulous. I lost count on how many markers you listed.
Nancy

Tress said...

Amazing Amy! The depth of color in Captain Dawn is incredible! Those boots are off the charts!