Friday, September 27, 2013

Better with a friend...

TGIF everybody!

Last night I was in the mood to color while enjoying all of the new shows on tv. This premier week has been pretty good and while I have returning favorites, a few of the new shows have already hooked me in. Blacklist is probably my favorite new one so far, loved it and hope that it gets a decent run. How about you, any new shows to recommend or look forward to?

Because I had such a block of time to relax and color in I chose a Lili of the Valley stamp that has been on my desk begging for attention. It's called Story Time and I think it is adorable but coloring that whole scene was a bit intimidating so it always got pushed while I've been short on crafty time lately. I'm glad I finally got it colored though because I'm very pleased with how it turned out. And since I couldn't leave well enough alone I also added the puppy from the Me and my Dog stamp. My life is filled with either my dog or cat wanting to join me for a cuddle on the couch so I thought he was a cute addition to the card. :)

Okey dokey then, time for me to scoot. TTYL!
 

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Crate (Farm House)
stamps- Lili of the Valley (Little Girls Story Time and Milly Me and My Dog), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox chestnut roan
crochet flower
Autumn Leaves fabric brad
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E23, E27, E29
hair- E21, E23
clothes- R11, R32, RV21, R46, E09, B97, B99, BV29, E40, E41, 0, E30, E31, W1, W5,W7, W9
book- BG11, BG15, BG18, W00, W0
dog- YR30, YR31, YR24
chair- YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99, E35, E37, E39, Y11, Y13, YG23, YR12, YR14, YR18, E08 

14 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

wow this Fabulous. I love it all!! Looks like me and Brooke sitting there reading while our dog is watching on. I read to Brooke last night while our dog was starving for attention only we were not as comfy as they are in your card. LOL Well I have to work tomorrow!!! Yuck! 6 days straight at up at 4:30am. Not looking forward to it. Oh that Sleepy Hollow series starting on FOX has been pretty good to watch so far!!
Have a Wonderful Weekend doll! Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Nancy Thomas said...

Beautifully colored Amy, especially the chair. Fab card. We liked Hostages.

Anja said...

This is just gorgeous, Amy! You've colored the image beautifully and I love how you've added this cute puppy.
Hugs, Anja

Amanda said...

Gorgeous colouring, such attention to detail. I watched blacklist and am also hooked, can't wait for the next episode. Hugs, Amanda x

Dotty Jo said...

What an adorable scene! Jo x

Lau W said...

Fabulous card Amy, such a cute image !
xxx

Julie D. Richards said...

What a fun scene. Time consuming to color it but well worth it. Definitely Blacklist is great, so is Sleepy Hollow, and Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Tracy Campbell said...

Amy, heart-warming art! :-)

Cami said...

Oh this is a cute, warm and fuzzy scene! Great colors and lovely coloring as always!

gobeagirl said...

Amy, you never stop amazing me. I know very well just how talented you are, but WOW.... I love this card! What an adorable stamp. I love your coloring and I really love that you used that brad with the flower. Too cute. Hope you don't mind, but I am so going to borrow that idea. lol.... Hope your weekend of off to a good start. I work today and tomorrow, but for some reason now that I feel better from my slight cold my darn stomach is not being nice to me. I'll survive, but I think I'd rather have the cold, lol.... Hugs Lisa

Bev said...

Gorgeous card. Your coloring is over the top! I agree with gobeagirl, you never stop amazing me.

Stephanie said...

This is so beautiful! I just love your cards! Love the papers you used, and your coloring is fantastic as always!

Tress said...

So fabulous! The coloring on that couch...wow! And I adore the addition of the dog and crocheted flower!

Leanne said...

Aww this is very sweet. Addjng the pup makes that much more. Glad you finished it.
I bote for Sleepy Hollow too. Its a really good show. Will try to check out Black List.