Sunday, September 8, 2013

You are my sunshine...

Hello, hello!

I had a couple days off at the end of this past week and decided that I needed to treat myself to nothing but rest and relaxation. It was a reward for making it through another crazy, busy summer both at work and at home. I didn't even stamp or color, it was all time spent between reading and getting caught up on some movies and shows... it was wonderful. I've actually got today off too but the crafty room is a complete disaster zone again and I can't keep ignoring it, especially if I want to make some cards. So there goes my morning, LOL! Oh well, the cleaning is good because I usually find things I forgot I had and they inspire me to get creative. :)

This quickie of a card was put together amidst the chaos of my desk. The Tiddly Inks Pixies are always a favorite and I got this little cutie colored up in no time at all. The papers clearly did the rest of the work for me. Which was a good thing because I'm sure I only have about a 4"x4" area cleared off on my desk at the moment. I love how the colors in this BoBunny paper look like that end of summer beginning of fall time of year. We've experienced that shift into cooler mornings and nights already and like this pixie I'm welcoming in the new season. 

Ok, I'm going to get to cleaning. 
Later gators! 


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- BoBunny (Key Lime)
stamp- Stamping Bella (Pixie set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
buttons
twine
decorative edge scissors
Sharpie white marker
Copic spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E59
clothes- BG53, BG57, BG78, B000, Y38

7 comments:

Danni said...

Good for you for taking some time for yourself! Hope the cleaning process doesn't take you too long!!
Super cute and happy card!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, boy did your card brighten up what had to be a very un-bright start to my day. I think she is just adorable! Love that sun burst as well. I think it is great that you allowed yourself a couple of ' me time ' days. :0) Very important from time to time. Have a wonderful Sunday my friend. Hugs Lisa

Julie D. Richards said...

Lovely card Amy. Such a bright sunshine, love it.

Juls said...

This is brill!! Love it!! Hugs Juls xxx

Shirley N said...

Hi Amy! Glad you were able to get some R&R, you're such a busy lady! For a quickie card, your layout is wonderful and your Pixie is so cute and colored perfectly! Glad to hear you're well, take care! Hugs!

Kimberly S said...

How adorable! Love the little pixie, and the pretty colors you chose! :) hugs, Kimberly

Heidi Brawley said...

Adorable card. I always plan to get crafty and then it doesn't happen because we don't stay home long enough. And when I was home I was making a few goodie bag memory card games for my Granddaughters 1st bday party that's next Saturday. She turned 1 this past Saturday. So cute!! They finally moved back to AZ so we actually got to spend her 1st bday together. So nice. Take care doll! Hugs, Heidi