Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ghostly Greetings...

Hello, hello!

Thanks for the show suggestions on that last post, it looks like there are a few others that I should check out this coming week. After having near record high temps at the beginning of the month we have suddenly been hit with cold dreary weather so spending an evening or two bundled up in front of the tv sounds like a good plan to me. Plus I can get some coloring done at the same time. :)

This past week I had a Make It Monday post over on the CCD blog where I used the Boo's Pumpkin stamp to decorate a t-shirt. He was still sitting on my desk when I sat down to make a card for today so I figured why not jump right into Halloween? Last year I didn't get the chance to make many Halloween cards so I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do with my Halloween stamps. The Boo's Fun set is definitely one that needs a bit of love this year because even though I usually don't play favorites among my own designs, these three ghosts are pretty high on my list. ;)
I paired this Boo up with a mix of old and new Doodlebug papers because their bright colors and fun prints created a cute scene. I love how those owls look like they are watching Boo struggle along with his giant pumpkin, too bad none of them are offering a helping hand... or is it wing? LOL

Well, I'm off today so you know I'll be getting busy in my crafty room. Especially since Sweet November and CCD October previews start tomorrow. See you then!
 

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug (Haunted Manor and Halloween Parade)
stamp- Sweet November (Boo's Pumpkin)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
computer generated sentiment
Doodlebug sprinkles
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
boo- V0000, V000, V01, G0000, 0
eyes- BV17, BG000, 0
pumpkin- Y38, YR04, YR18, E43, E44

12 comments:

Larisa said...

A gorgeous card!

Юлика said...

Beautiful card. Such pretty friendly ghost :)

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, I love this card! He is so so sweet and you are so right on with the little owls looking on while Boo is struggling with his giant pumpkin. lol... Poor baby. Did you use 12X12 pattern paper on this? I have those papers in 6x6 and I don't think I can get them to look that big on my cards. Anyway my friend, I always love seeing your cards. You are so talented and truly have a gift for seeing design in everything. It has finally stopped blowing and raining here, but it has an Autumn nip in the air this morning. I have our electric fire place going this morning. I refuse to turn the heat on just yet. :0) Hugs Lisa

Julie D. Richards said...

Adorable scene with Bio's Pumpkin. Love those bg papers. Have fun getting crafty.

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Amy!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness, this is soo cute.

Leanne said...

Adorable Amy!!

Leanne said...

Adorable Amy!!

Shirley N said...

Boo is adorable, Amy! Love this card and your gorgeous coloring!

Tress said...

So pleased to see this little ghost make it onto a card again this season!!! Like you, I am partial to these cuties! And as always, your card is AMAZING! Love the bright happy colors!

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG I love this!!!! Me too have this stamp set and barely stamped it up!! They are Adorable ghosts!! Can't believe I didn't stop and see this yesterday! But I did have my Granddaugter most the day so computer time was pretty much brief to check some email. I got most my Halloween cards done already. We have one with your name on it too!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Marianne said...

How fun! Gorgeous card Amny!
Marianne x