Monday, December 23, 2019

All is calm. All is bright...

Good morning!

We're in the home stretch now... T minus two days and counting until Christmas day is here. I'm just waiting on one last package to arrive and I will be good to go, so fingers crossed that it is in the mail today. With Christmas so close now I'm having to decide which of my holiday stamps will fulfill their stampy destiny this year and which ones will have to wait a bit longer. It's always tough to narrow down the contenders but this sweet owl called Egg Nog from Purple Onion Designs made the cut. I'm always a sucker for characters holding lights or lanterns, I love the challenge of coloring that illumination. I envisioned him trekking across a moonlit meadow and then I got the Birch Tree Background and Mountains Background stamps to really elevate my original idea and add so much more to the feel of the scene. The sentiment is from the Typed Christmas set from Hello Bluebird and was just what I needed to finish off this card.

Alrighty, busy day at work to prepare for... everyone wants their dogs looking good for Christmas, LOL! Have a good one!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Purple Onion Designs (Eggnog, Birch Tree background and Mountains background), Hello Bluebird (Typed Christmas sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and london fog, Hero Arts mermaid ombre
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Smooch gold
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
owl- E50, E41, E43, E70, E40, E71, E74, E47, W4, W9
scarf- R35, R39, R89
lantern- Y02, Y21, Y26, E39, G20, Y04, G000
light- Y0000, Y000, YR30
trees- B60, C3, C5, C7, C9, E71, E74
background- B60, BV20, BV23, BV25, BV08, BV29, BV31