Thursday, December 26, 2019

Sliding by to say hi...

Hello crafty friends!

I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday whether they were celebrating Christmas or not. I had a wonderful time with my family. We had so much fun exchanging gifts, playing games and enjoyed a really great meal. This lucky girl was surprised with a new Gemini Junior and I can't wait to get it all set up. Here I was all prepared to stick with my little Cuttlebug until it went kaput but now I'm feeling quite professional with my die cutting, LOL! 
So today I've got my last card as a guest designer for Three Room Studio to share. This set is called Welcome Winter and it is perfect for these cold and snowy months after the big holiday. I chose to use the sledding polar bear and squirrels along with some of the trees from the set to create this scene of them racing down the hillside. I wanted them to look like they were really racing down that slope so I wiped away some of the black ink from the back of the inner tube before stamping, leaving me with white space that I could turn into flying snow. I reinforced that by dabbing on some white ink as well. That little trick along with stamping them at an angle totally gave this scene the speed and energy that I was after. :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Three Room Studio (Welcome Winter)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Hero Arts unicorn white and Papertrey Ink blueberry sky
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
sequins
Copic markers:
sky- B0000, B21, B23
trees- G21, G43, G94, G99
snow- B0000, B000, B21, C0, C1, C2
polar bear- E40, BV31, W00, W2, W4, W8, 0, R30
squirrel 1- E40, T2, T3, T4, T8, R30
squirrel 2- E40, W1, W3, W4
squirrel 3- E40, C1, C3, N2, N4, N9, R30
sleds- R14, R27, R89, R21, R22, R29