Monday, December 16, 2019

Good tidings of great joy...

Good morning!

I've got a quick little Christmas card to share with you today. I was finally able to ink up the darling Angel Nevaeh from Whimsy Stamps and turn her into a special Christmas card for my Grandma. It's funny because I didn't notice it when I bought her but looking at her name now it spells heaven backwards... someone was being quite clever with their naming of her. While there have been many fantastic stamp collections that I've loved at Whimsy over the years, I have to say that the range if fairies and angels by Marina Fedotova have been my absolute favorites. I was sad when they stopped releasing new images from her last year and I'm even sadder to report that it looks like they have all been retired out of the store so I don't have any stamp to link back to. It makes me very glad that I got the stamps I did but there where still so many of her images that I had hoped we would see Whimsy release as stamps. Perhaps if I wish upon a Christmas star we may see a return of these adorable images in the future... a girl can hope!
Anywho, I paired Nevaeh with a sentiment from the Away in a Manger set from Hello Bluebird and colored her floating above a bank of clouds in front of a glowing moon. I kept most of the card, light and bright with just that touch of dark indigo night sky for contrast. Plenty of sparkle and shine was added to her gown and the stars and I also used the Sakura stardust glitter pen to add a halo above her head. I can't wait to give this one to Gram, I think she will love it. :)

Have a good one my friends!
Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Whimsy Stamps (Angel Nevaeh), October Afternoon (Away in a Manger set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Memory Box winky stitched scallop rectangle die
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle die set 2
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Sharpie extra fine white pen
 Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E50, E42, E43, E55, E44
wings- E81, E84, V20
gown- C1, C2, C6, 0, B0000
sky- BV31, BV02, BV04, BV17, BV29
clouds/moon- BV0000, B60, G0000, C0, C1, C3, C5, 0