Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Cheers to the new year...

Wow! 

Well here we are. Not only is it the last day of the year but the last day of the decade as well... that is SO crazy! These past ten years have been quite the creative journey for me. I fell in love with stamps and Copics and card making in that time and my passion is still going strong. The big bonus in all this has been all of the amazing women I have gotten to know over the years because of this hobby. So many talented creatives who have both inspired and encouraged me along the way. I count myself lucky to be part of such an amazing community. 

To ring in this new decade I did a bit of altering to Curvy Girl with Bubbly by wiping away the candy cane from the champagne flute before stamping then just carefully drawing in the missing lines on the glass to take this fun party girl out of Christmas mode and into a New Year's celebration. It's all about the sparkle on this card, from her glitzy dress to the gold bokeh background... she's definitely welcoming 2020 in style. ;) 

And just for fun I thought it would be a good opportunity to share my very first Copic colored card from mid 2009. I remember being so nervous putting my handful of brand spankin' new Copic markers to paper for the first time but I was hooked as soon as I did. I keep telling everyone in my Live coloring videos that getting better is all about time and practice and this is proof of that... just look at the difference in skill and technique that 10 years has made. So wherever you may be in your creative journey as we usher in this new decade, keep pushing yourself to grow and learn. I promise you will be amazed with how far you can go!

Happy new year my friends! 

Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Stamping Bella (Curvy Girl with Bubbly), My Favorite Things (sentiment), Papertrey Ink (bokeh background)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Papertrey Ink lemon tart and honey nut
Kaiser Craft gems
Ranger glossy accents
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie extra fine white pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
hair- E21, E23, E27, E49
clothes- C1, C3, C4, C5, C7, C9, C10, 100, W2, W3, W5
champagne flute- Y0000, YR30, Y26, Y28, N1, N3, N5
ribbon/tag- Y02, Y21, Y26, Y28, E39, T0, T1, T2 
ground- E31, E34, E35, E57, YR23, YR24, W2, W5, W6

4 comments:

Debbie L said...

As always your card is fabulous and I especially love the background bubbles! Happy New Years to you and I look forward to more Amy fabulousness in 2020.

Natasa said...

Happy New Year to you as well! Your colouring is perfect and I am always stunned when I see your post! Also thanks for the incouragement :)

Julie D. Richards said...

Happy New Years Eve Amy. Hugs, Julie.

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card!