Tuesday, November 24, 2020

A magical holiday season...

 


Hey there!

I've got an exciting sneak peek to share today featuring one of four new Elliot and Marcel Christmas stamps illustrated by Julian Charlton for Purple Onion Designs. The entire release will be available this Friday, the 27th in conjunction with the annual Black Friday sale. So much good stuff to look forward to!

For my card today I've inked up the fun Elliot and Marcel Snowfetti stamp along with one of the two sentiments that also come with it. Because these images are so whimsical and playful I decided to shake things up a bit and color them both in different purple hues. Why limit yourself to realistic colors all the time when there are no rules saying that an elephant has to be grey? For the background I kept the color palette rather muted with icy grey toned aqua tones that compliment the purple in a lovely way. All of this coming together to create a magical winter scene.  :)

Toodles!  


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Purple Onion Designs (Elliot and Marcel Snowfetti)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Dr. Ph Marin's Bleed Proof White
Sakura stardust glitter pen

Copic markers:
elephant- V20, V22, V25,
W2, W4
hat and scarf-
BG11, BG53, BG72, C00, C1, C3
monkey- BV02, BV25, BV17, E40, E81
scarf/shoes- BG75, BG78, C3

background- BG90, BG93, BG70, BG72
 

2 comments:

Julie D. Richards said...

Oh my gosh, I collect elephants. Sure would love this Christmas card Amy. Hugs.

Claire said...

Oh my gosh, looks amazing in the purple hues
Claire