Sunday, November 29, 2020

Merry Christmas...

 


Olo!

With so many great new Christmas and Winter sets released at Hello Bluebird recently I'm sure it is no surprise to see that I've inked up another set already. This time I went for the Long Distance set, which actually isn't necessarily a Christmas set but with the help of some dies I made it work for the holiday anyway. Using the lovely scalloped Gallery Frame #5 slimline die as my guide I stamped the two bears from the set on either end of the card. I used grey ink to stamp the one that I wanted to be a polar bear and brown ink on the brown bear. The idea being that I wanted to play off the whole long distance theme by representing two different bears in two very different parts of the world. That also meant coloring in two different winter backgrounds and have them subtly merge in the center of the card. Then I just used the Merry die from the Christmas Words #1 die set and the Charlie Alpha dies to create the first part of my sentiment. The tag line was stamped on using a sentiment from the Long Distance set that I cut apart so it would read in a straight line rather than its original stacked appearance. Using a silver Copic Spica glitter pen I drew in the "phone lines" connecting the cans to either end of the sentiment. I'm really happy with how this single panel effectively tells the story of two very separate little bears wishing each other merry Christmas. :)

And don't forget that there are still a couple of days left to take advantage of the Black Friday Sale at Hello Bluebird. It doesn't apply to the two newest releases but as you can see, there are a whole lot of older stamps and supplies that pair wonderfully with the new images. :)

TTFN!


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Long Distance set and Littles Holiday Extras set
ink- Memento tuxedo black, rich cocoa and london fog, Papertrey Ink pure poppy
Hello Bluebird Gallery Frame
#5 die
Hello Bluebird Charlie Alpha dies
Hello Bluebird Christmas Words #1 die

Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof white
Copic markers:
sky- Y0000, BG70, BG72, B0000, BG0000
snow/ground- B0000, B60, B63, BG70, BG72, BV31, BV0000, E41, E42, E43, G94

trees- E42, E43, E44, E84, E87, G82, G94, BG96
cans- C0, C2, C4, C6, 0
polar bear- BV31, E42, W1, C0, N3, W9, 0, R000, R00

brown bear- E31, E55, E25, R000, R00, W9