Friday, November 6, 2020

Love and joy...

TGIF my friends!

I realized the other day that it has been much too long since I last grabbed out my binder of  Dreamerland stamps and colored one up. So to remedy that sad situation I flipped through that binder until this sweet stamp caught my eye. It is called Thank You For Such Great Help and it just hits me in the feels. It's always amazing how so much emotion can be captured in a few simple lines. Then, sitting down to color these cuties, I feel a bit of pressure not to overdo it and lose the original magic of the image. So to that end I decided to keep the background simple and fairly monochromatic, pulling icy greens and teals to hint at a polar night. Then just a pop of red here and there to draw the eye in. It is definitely one of my most CAS scenes but I think it works with these two quite nicely. :)
 
Ok, I gotta get ready for work... enjoy the weekend everybody! 

Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Copic X-Press It
stamps- Dreamerland Crafts (Thank You For Such Great Help), My Favorite Things (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Catherine Pooler cranberry fizz
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 2
Dr. Ph Martin's bleed proof white

Sakura stardust glitter pen

Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20

hair- E57, E79
clothes- R24, R29, R89, G46, W6, W8, W10, E33, E35, E39, E40, E81
polar bear- V20, E81, E40, C1, R000
sled/tree- C2, C4, E55, E57, G46, BG96, BG99, C10, R29
background- G0000, G000, G00, BG70, BG72, BG78, BG90
Sakura stardust glitter pen