Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Have a magical holiday season...

Hi Friends!

Sorry for the late post, things have been a bit crazy in the ol' casa de Amy lately. But I"m here now with this sweet snowman scene using new stamps from The Sweetest Little Town collection by Stacey Yacula  at Purple Onion Designs. The variety of adorable critters along with the amazing background builders provide so many opportunities for different kinds of winter themed scenes. My previous cards all took place out and about in their cozy Christmas world so for this one I wanted to bring it back home with a simple yet time honored tradition of building the snowman in the front yard. First I stamped Sweet Snow Friends, then I masked the snowman's head and stamped the Cozy Holiday Home behind them in a light grey ink. A bit more masking on the sides of the house to add the smaller of the 2 Forests tree lines far in the distance and this scene was ready to color. To shake up my tendency to go to the same Christmas color schemes over and over, this time I went to Pinterest and found one of those color combo palettes to inspire something a bit different. Ya gotta keep playing and trying new things right?  ;)

Anywho, time for me to get back to crossing things off the mile long to-do list. Have a wonderful day everyone!


Supply list:
cardstock- My Favorite Things and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Purple Onion Designs (Cozy Holiday Home, Sweet Snow Friends, 2 Forests and sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Papertrey Ink soft stone
My Favorite Things A2 stitched rectangle stax set 1
Ranger glossy accents
Sharpie extra fine white pen

Copic markers:
sky- B0000, B000, B00, B41, 0

snow/snowman- B0000, B000, B41, C1, C00
house- C2, C4, B45, B97, B99, W3, W4, W6, N7, N9
wreaths/trees- G24, BG96, BG90, BG93

penguin- T0, T1, BV31, 0, R000, R30, T3, T4, T5, T7, YR31, YR12
bunny- E50, E42, BV31, R000, R30

hats and scarves- C2, C6, C8, C10, R32, R35, R37, R59, R89, B45, B39, BV29, E81, E84