Sunday, November 22, 2020

Peace on earth...

Olo!

I'm over on the Hello Bluebird blog today with a Christmas card mixing a bit of old with the new. I've brought together both the Tall Trees Scene Die and the Joy and Peace stamp set from the newest release with the Next Door Gnomes stamp set and Frosty Flakes die. I've known that I wanted to create a winter scene with this particular gnome and his lantern ever since I first got the stamp set but it wasn't until I had the Tall Trees scene die that inspiration really struck. So I shifted gears from my regular crafting routine and pulled out some Catherine Pooler inks to start building this winter scene. The Copics came out when I was finally ready to color the gnome, snow and trees, playing with light and shadow as I love to do. Once all those elements were done and glued onto the card base I grabbed the new Joy and Peace stamp set along with its coordinating dies to add a sentiment to my card. I used the Catherine Pooler Juniper Mist ink again to stamp the words. You'll notice I didn't get full ink coverage with my first press but I wasn't hating on that look because it kind of reminds me of the snow in the background so I chose to leave it and not stamp it again. To help the sentiment pop a bit more I also die cut the Frosty Flakes die out of a shimmery white card stock and added the snowflakes before gluing down the sentiment. To complete the card I randomly applied dots of Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof white across the entire scene to create a gentle snowfall that ties everything together quite nicely. Now I know that I'm not one who uses dies a whole lot but I am so pleased with how this scene came together because of them. I can't wait to give these trees another go for the rest of the seasons as well!

Stay crafty my friends! 


Supply list:
cardstock- Papertrey Ink and Catherine Pooler
stamps- Hello Bluebird (Next Door Gnome, Joy and Peace set
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Catherine Pooler mint to be, sweet sixteen, royal treatment and juniper mist
Hello Bluebird Tall Trees scene die
Hello Bluebird Frosty Flakes die
Hello Bluebird Joy and Peace coordinating dies
Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof white
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, E04, R00, R20
beard- C0, C3, C5, Y000

clothes- R43, R46, R29, R89, Y000, E55, E57, E49
lantern- G14, G07, G29, Y000, Y13, Y18
trees- W0, W1, W2, W3, W4, W5, W7, Y000

snow- G000, V01, BV000, BV02, BV04, BV08