Wednesday, March 17, 2010

ATS challenge time!

Hiya! How's it goin'?

Are you ready for a brand new challenge at All That Scraps this week? This time it's all about creating an easel card. If you haven't made one yet I promise that they are not hard at all. I was scared of them for a bit but once I made my first one I quickly realized there was nothin' to it. And they are so perfect for when you've spent a good amount of time creating a special scene and really want to show it off. :)

For my card I used the CC Designs Gingersnaps Bugg-a-boos set and I altered them slightly by wiping away their original eyes and drawing in new eyes, eyebrows and even some freckles. Oh and I also used the stump stamp from CC Designs to help create the scene too. I pulled all of the colors I used from the fab, new Green at Heart BG papers... LOVE them and love how bright and cheery the little bugg-a-boos turned out.

So now it's your turn and I look forward to seeing what everyone creates for this week's challenge! Remember, every week there is a new and exciting prize being offered and in order to be eligible to win, your card must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please!

Take care my friends and don't forget to wear some green today so you won't get pinched by a leprechaun! ;) Supply list:
cardstock- Paper Trey Ink
paper and buttons- Basic Grey (Green at Heart)
stamps- CC Designs (Gingersnaps Bugg-a-boos, stump), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
bee- Y21, Y35, Y38, W3, W5, W7, W9, BG0000, BG000
butterfly- YG21, YG23, YG25, W3, W5, W7, W9, V04, V05, V06, RV19, YR18, YR16, Y38
ladybug- RV23, RV25, RV29, W3, W5, W7, W9
stump and grass- E44, E47, E49, E40, E41, 0, YG95, YG97, YG99

36 comments:

Kellie said...

WOOOOOOW Amy this is absolutely stunning! I always look forward to Wednesdays to see what amazing creation you have come up with and this is just fabulous! Colouring is amazing, colours are gorgeous... JUST LOVE it as always!!

Hugs Kel xx

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

OOoh OMG this is jaw dropping gorgeous!!! LOVE IT.
Kristy xx

Larisa said...

wow! wow!! So bright colored card! It is really spring! So cute image ))) I love it )

♥Rach♥ said...

Love, love, LOVE it Amy! The colors just POP and the little trio of buggies you use are just adorable. Wonderful, happy card!

Tasha said...

Amy this is adorable, the fab bright colours really bring it to life - gorgeous
love tasha xx

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is too cute for words. I just love this set (have it) and you colored them so bright and happy. A D O R A B L E !! Truely adorable. Love the paper you used. Might have to get me some. lol....Have a great GREEN day, Lisa

Leah l'Orange said...

oooohhh! i may have to try my hand at the easel card! i've seen how they're done and i know they must be easy (maybe not so much for a gal without a scor-pal?)... but your card and your little blurb have given me an idea. hmmm. now to find the time!

i LURVE your bugg-a-boos! the eyes and freckles make them look TOTALLY different! somehow more cheery for such a fabulously happy card! :)

Anonymous said...

oh wow Amy! this is awesome! I knew I would be in for a treat when I came to your blog to see what you created for the challenge! Wonderful! love, love, LOVE it!
Pam Going Postal

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

OHH I love this it is so bright an cheerful!
hugs
Sue x

Maria Therese said...

Your card is so cheerfull! Love all the cute details and fresh colors :)

Marlene said...

So adorable! Love the colors. They make me happy. :)

Lysa said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!! You Rock!

~* steph :) *~ said...

What a cutie pettutie card, Amy! Love the colors and of course, love your flower embellies :)! Have a great day, thanks for sharing :)!

kris said...

Wow girl!!! you've out done yourself with these cuties!!! i love the spring colors and the freshness of the whole creation!!! keep on rockin'!! hugs!!

Andrea C said...

this is a totally funky cool little card x

Mimi said...

so so so darn cute! love all the fun colors and images. awesome! have a great day ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an awesome card! I love, love, love the colors you used. Just adorable. hugz, Mary

Shirley N said...

So adorable--love your bugs and the sentiment. Love your happie colors too!

1LuvnMama said...

I wanna be hanging out with these cuties! Luv the colors on each of them and makes me beam from ear to ear! :) Have a good day Amy!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

well aren't they sweet. What a great card and great fun cheery colours.

Anonymous said...

Wow Amy, I love the bright colors you used for these little cutties, really adorable !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the brightness and happiness of this SUPER cute card! Adorable, Amy!!!

Mel said...

Oh Amy, I think this is my favourite so far, wow what am I saying I love all your cards, but this just wows me with that gorgeous flap out the front. I love the colours, so bright and gorgeous.

Alice said...

too cute!! love this!

Leanne said...

another beauty! love the alterations on the eyes.. will have to practice my drawing.. lots of practice.. haha.. great and fun card! =)

Unknown said...

So adorable! :)

WickedPixie said...

I love how bright and cheery your card turned out, too! When I saw it this morning it made me smile! :-)Traci

Unknown said...

Wow, Amy! This is totally adorable! love how cheerfyl your card turned out and what a beautiful scene! Great job!

RiNNE said...

Orange (ok, yellow), pink, and green?? My wedding colors!! Love how you showcased the scene with an easel card!

Angie said...

I am LOVING that hotpink hair! I haven't done an easel card yet, but I've been itching to do one.. . hopefully this afternoon!

donna mikasa said...

cutest easel card, ever! love those adorable bugg-a-boos and their awesome colors!

Juls said...

just gorgeous!! Love the sentiment, and the fab and funky colours! Hugs Juls

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

I love the bright colours! This is so cheerful.

crafty amy said...

This is so adorable I love the colours you have used and the whole scene is just perfect :D and then in case that is not enough you top it off with that sentiment!

Hugs

Amy xx

Tammy Hershberger said...

Your Bug-a-Boos are adorable, Amy! Fabulous coloring, and great easel card!

Angela said...

love, love,love this Amy!! This card screams bright and cheery!! My little girl loves this card!! She told me she wanted me to make her one just like it!! She loves the colors and the different colored hair, and I have to agree!!
Hugs:)
Angela