Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's easy being green...

at least it is if your one of the wee folk, and Tangle Goblinshimmer can prove it. :)

Top o' the mornin' to ye!
Heeheehee ok so I'm getting a bit carried away with the St. Patrick's day challenge going on over at ATS this week... though my Irish brogue could definitely use some work. ;)
Good thing a cool accent isn't a requirement, this week it's as simple as using the color green on your card. You say you don't have any St. Patrick's Day stamps? That's not a problem either... like I said we just want to see you go green... easy peasy!

For my card, Tangle let me know that she felt like dancing in a clover field and I thought that sounded pretty good too. So I stamped a border of shamrocks and then cut petals off those green Prima hydrangea flowers to make them look more like clover too. Add to that a bit of subtle clover paper and Tangle was more than ready to hunt down that lucky four leaf one. ;)

This week the challenge prize is a $15 gift certificate to the All That Scraps store! That's a pretty cool incentive to play along if you ask me... especially considering all the great product Christine carries besides the awesome stamp selection. If you haven't taken the time to check it out I highly recommend you take a look. :)
Remember that in order to be eligible to win, your card must include a stamp that is sold in the All That Scraps store. Whether it is any of our wonderful in house designs or from the various other stamp companies that ATS carries, the choice is yours. Then be sure to link up your creation with Mr Linky by next Tuesday at 10pm est and only one entry per person please! I so cannot wait to see what everyone creates this week!

TTFN!


Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- My Mind's Eye (yellow, green), ooooooooold DCWV (clover)
stamps- Sweet November (Tangle Goblinshimmer), My Sentiments Exactly (shamrocks and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink, Nick Bantock green
Prima flowers
Doodlebug and Kaiser Craft gems
Marvy mega giga scallop circle punch
ranger Stickles
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, R46
hair- YG01, YG13, YG17, G07
eyes- G03, G05, G07
clothes- Y13, Y15, Y17, G03, G07, G20, YG11, YG13

25 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Lots of green goodness! Love your altered shamrocks and your ooooooold DCWV paper...you are too funny!

♥Rach♥ said...

It's definitely St. Pat's day on a card! Just beautiful :0)

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card Amy! And your fairy is sooooo cute♥

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. She is adorable. Love her beautiful green eyes. hmmmmm, I might have to play along with this one. What fun, and $15. you'd have to be crazy not to try. Have a great day, Lisa G

Tasha said...

Really pretty card Amy and the clovers are a super cute touch
love tasha xx

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a great card Amy, My daughter Isabelle really ogled this one! Beth

Mary Giles said...

How cute and green! I love how you did the clover field and the sprinkle of gems throughout are a great touch.

Leanne said...

Fun card Amy! I love ur alteration on the flowers. Is there anything you can't alter? ;)
Love the stamped clovers and Tangle looks wonderful!

RiNNE said...

This is just magnificently beautiful, Amy! Love Tangle's green hair and bright yellow 'fit! She is perfect in a St. Patty's Day card. I also ADORE that field of shamrocks and how you cut up those primas!!! The gems add just flair as well! And the sentiment is so sweet!

Claireabelle said...

Fantastic card Amy!! All she needs now is a pint of Guinness lol

WickedPixie said...

I have to say your Irish brogue sounds great through the blogger world!! I love how your Sweet fairies wanted to be on both of our St Patrick's Day cards! Yours is awesome, of course! And I was wondering where you got the cool clover Prima's - thanks for explaining! :-)Traci

Marlene said...

The green looks GREAT - I love her GREEN HAIR!!!! Beautiful!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Wow! How gorgeous! I love her green hair too! and all the shamrocks! Perfect green card :)

hugs, margie

Shirley N said...

Amy, another one of those I love love love cards. Love your wonderful layout, gorgeous coloring, and your sweet Tangle!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card Amy - so much to look at! delightful...love the bling and the flowers in the background!
Pam Going Postal

Mel said...

Oh Amy, this is absolutely perfect, I just love it.

Alice said...

love Tangle's green hair! such a beautiful card!!

Tracey Feeger said...

This is adorable love. Great job with the stamp and the colour green
mwah
Trace

Angela said...

Oh Amy this is just awesome!! I love all the green andyour altered Prima flowers/clovers!! ANd look at her hair!! I just love the way you colored her hair and that sentiment is so sweet!! I really love this card!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Randi said...

Super cute Amy! Your fairies are perfect as St. Patty's fairies! Especially with that exquisite green hair! LOVE it! Have an amazing and magical weekend!

Tammy Hershberger said...

This turned out SO cute, Amy! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her green hair!

Scrappychick said...

Well shes just a lovely little pixie frolicking in the field of clovers :)

crafty amy said...

I am loving that sentiment and she looks great in the green and yellow combo :D

Amy xx

Crafty Jenn said...

Total green goodness! I <3 Patty's Day. Tangle looks very at home among the shamrocks.

JenRaff said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the shamrocks and the green hair coloring!