Friday, March 5, 2010

Make like a tree and leave

LOL!
Good morning! :)

Yeah for days off... though to be honest I've got quite a bit to do around here so it's not like I can just sit and chill all day. Still, it always feels good to get a lot crossed off the old to-do list so that's the game plan for the day.

My card today is for this week's Quixotic challenge to use leaves on your project... and wouldn't ya know that this paper from the new WeR card kit I was telling you about a few days ago fit the bill perfectly so I just had to use it! Once the paper was chosen it was time to pick out a stamp and this Kraftin Kimmie Clara stamp came to mind... again, perfect. :)
Though I did do a smidge of altering on her by wiping away the scarf from around her neck and changing the cuffs on her sleeves just so she would look a bit more springy. Now doesn't it look like Clara and her bird friend were just made to go with that paper? I also added a Verve sentiment to one of the chipboard pieces that came with the kit and threw in a few Prima leaves for good measure.
Once again, another quick yet fun card all thanks to some card kit goodness... awwww it's the little things that make me happy. ;)

Have a great one my friends! Supply list:
cardstock- Paper Trey Ink
paper, chipboard- WeR Memory Keepers (Vintage Blue)
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie (Moonlight Whispers Clara), Verve (Fairy tales sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima leaves
Kaiser Craft gems
Liquid Pearls
Copic markers:
skin- E50, YR00, E51, R20, RV14, B00
hair- E08, E09, E18, E29
clothes- E50, E30, 0, E44, E47, E49, V04, V05, V06, RV19, BG01, BG05, BG09
bird- BG0000, BG000, BG01, BG05, BG09, Y15, E50, E30, 0

32 comments:

Lorraine said...

gorgeous i love the bright colours xx

Juls said...

Just stunning!!! This is one of my Fav Kimmie images! Love your fab colouring..and the backing paper is just amazing!! gorgeous creation! Hugs Juls

Angela said...

Yes It sure looks like spring to me!! This paper is just perfect for the way you did this card with that stamp!!! So sweet!! Hope you are enjoying your days off!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Maria Therese said...

I love the spring feeling on this card!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, this is so adorable. You may think it a simple and easy card, but girl you are so talented. I just love her bird and how it goes so well with the paper. Your details with her buttons on her outfit is wonderful. Yes, I can hear the birds. Have a great day off...Hugs, Lisa

Marlene said...

This is a beautiful card - and I am LOVING this image!

♥Rach♥ said...

Beautiful job, love how the colors are so bright and cheery and the birdie matches the paper! Gorgeous!

Scrappychick said...

This paper is so perfect for her! Lovely card!

Victoria said...

fab card - love how you've made the patterned paper link in so well with the image
Hugs
Victoria
x

kris said...

i LOVE how the paper blends in with the image!!! So cute!! and beautiful!

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE this! This is one of my fave Kimmie images (make sure to check out the Oh, Alice blog tomorrow,btw ;) wink ;) I LOVE how you incorporated that DP and the sentiment...ADORE it. Isn't that the TRUTH????

~* steph :) *~ said...

love your card! it has this 3D effect. the image definitely fits the paper perfectly! thanks so much for sharing :)! i love when i can used days off to catch up on things. have a great day and weekend, amy! *hugs* steph :)

Renkata said...

Just lovely. I love the paper and the little bird , great idea

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card!! I love that birdie paper
x

Unknown said...

So beautiful! :)

☼ Cheryl* said...

This is beautiful, Amy!! I love what you have done with the image, she really does look like she belongs with the birds!!! The DP is gorg!

kadie said...

I seriously stop by everyday and just OOO and AAAAH! You're ideas are so fresh and fun and NEVERENDING! You amaze me, GF!! I love the sweet birds on this card and how you've perched the image...brilliant coloring too, of course!!

Leah l'Orange said...

oh, Amy, seriously, could your paper match the stamp any more perfectly?! it's ridiculous!

you are amazing, girlfriend! your card is beautiful!

Kathy K said...

beautiful card...love the colors you used!

donna mikasa said...

Wow! Clara and the DP match perfectly...it was so meant to be! I love when that happens, too! What a delightful, springtime scene!

1LuvnMama said...

Amy~
Brilliant! Luv how you used the little birdie straight from the DP but brightened him up a bit! :) Clever my dear!

Shirley N said...

Love this Amy, the DP is perfect for this adorable image and the gems add the perfect touch!

RiNNE said...

Amy, you make the most brilliant scenes! That PP and stamp look perfect together! I love the spring-like feel of her new 'fit! Am very excited as I just ordered some Kraftin' Kimmie stamps! Btw, I found your SN chick stamp! Yay! Have a great day!

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Amy. Love how you've used the paper to create a scene!
Clairexx

Mel said...

Wow, again this is awesome Amy, I just love too how she blends but the 3'ding makes her pop out at you, your colouring of images and paper choices is amazing girl.

crafty amy said...

This is so pretty I love that paper and you are so right as always it is perfect and agian with the gems...... I can't help it I am still in awe :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Danni said...

You are truly amazing!! Gorgeous..that paper is perfect!! You rock!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is so gorgeous and delightful, Amy! Love the colors, the papers, and I just love the image!! You totally ROCK!!

Have a fun and beautiful weekend!

Tasha said...

LOL Back to the future!!!!!

This card is absolutely rockin', the background is fabulous and so compliments this image
love tasha xx

Ελευθερία said...

love this card!!!
beautiful paper!!!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Gorgeous card. Love the bright and cheerful colors!

WickedPixie said...

Amy, you creations always make me smile! :-)Traci