Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pixie perfect

Well hello there and happy Saturday to you my friends!

I got quite a bit crossed off my to-do list yesterday... which feels great I must say, so I've given myself permission to just take it easy today. No schedule, no plans, no problems... well at least that's how I hope it goes. :)

So when I saw that this week's inspiration at the Flutter By challenge came from a Tinkerbell image I knew I was going to go way literal with my card. Mostly because I've had this clear Tink stamp set for over a year and it had never seen ink yet so I figured this was the perfect time to rectify that situation. ;)

Now I gotta say that I bought this set before I found TGF and was then introduced into this whole amazing world of crazy cool image stamps so even though I love Tink and her fellow pixie pals I was a tad disappointed with the teeny size once I got her inked and on paper... she's not much bigger than a Ketto fairy. This paired with the fact that the stamp is acrylic and not rubber and I can honestly say the image is not nearly as sharp or as detailed as it could be.
Yikes! Does this mean I am becoming a stamp snob?! ;)

Still, I'm glad I finally showed these stamps some love 'cause like I said, I love Tink and her friends... big shocker there, right? :) Hey, at least she was super quick to color and since I had some Disney Fairy paper in my stash that made the rest of the card super quick to put together too. As you can see I didn't do anything very creative with the background... it's kinda my quick 'go-to' layout scheme but I do like how this one came together in the end. And that's what matters most, right?

Anywho... I hope you are enjoying your day and getting some 'me time' for yourself as well. I think I hear my craft room calling me so I'll catch y'all tomorrow. :)

Later!
Supply list:
cardstock- GP and PTI
paper- Sandylion (Disney fairies green and blue), Glitz (purple)
stamps- EK Success (Tink and sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink, Versamark clear
American Crafts Zing white embossing powder
Heidi Swapp ghost flowers
Heidi Grace flourishes
Doodlebug gems
Ranger Stickles
Sakura stardust pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- Y11, Y13, Y15
clothes- YG11, YG13, G14, E40, E41, 0
wings- BG0000, BG000

22 comments:

Claireabelle said...

Bit of a different look for you Amy BUT a fabulous card non-the-less!
x

Tasha said...

Oh its fabulous. She may be pint sized but still very cute!
love tasha xx

scrapn_momof2 said...

I love all things Tink. Your card is very cute!

Marley said...

Amazing!! I love Tinkerbell!!! Great colours xx Marley

Crystal_235 said...

I love Tinkerbell! Cute card. We are going to Disney next month and she would be so perfect to have!

Marlene said...

Adorable card! Love Tinkerbell!

Ελευθερία said...

I love Tinkerbell!!!

Stamping Cafe said...

So beautiful and magical, Amy!! Love it and Love Tinkerbell!!

kris said...

Fabulous take on the inspirational photo!! she's a darling!!! Love the colors and of course... LOVE Tink!! Thanks for joining us at FBW!

1LuvnMama said...

This is such not an "Amy" card but still luv it! Hints of you are there with the bling and LO. . . never thought you were a ~princess~ fan though. hee, hee! :)

Danni said...

Wonderful job!! I'm snickering at your comment about becoming a stamp snob...LOL! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Mel said...

Tinkerbell is gorgeous, I love everything.

WickedPixie said...

It's so cute! I love the 3 colors you put together for your background and that paper with the subtle fairies is wonderful! :-)Traci

Tracey Feeger said...

Wonderful card as always Amy. Love Tink too.
mwah
Trace

Alice said...

i adore how you use colors, Amy!! very beautiful card!!

Serafiia said...

What a cutie! I adore Tink - she's fab and your card is just so pretty! :)

donna mikasa said...

Such a different Amy card but still delightful! Love the whimsical touches and that purple flourish pulls it all together!

RiNNE said...

Good to see that even though you are a 'stamp snob,' you still are trying out different things--- haha, just kidding! Fab job!!

Tonje said...

I'm glad you finally got her inked up... she's gorgeous. Love the background paper and the flowers are fab!

Leanne said...

Cute Tink card. Wow there no challenge u can't conquer.

Michelle said...

Oh what a great Tink card! You did a fabulous job with the challenge this week at FBW! So glad you played along :)

crafty amy said...

Ha ha you snob :D you are so right though once you have had the best these cheaper second rate ones just don't make the grade. You though are a master and have made this look amazing!

xx