Sunday, March 14, 2010

On a sweeter note...

Good morning!
So did you spring forward this morning? I have a love/hate relationship with daylight savings time... on the one hand I love that it stays lighter longer into the evening, on the other hand this morning is always a killer because it feels like I've lost time and that always seems to take me a day or two to get adjusted to.

So with that I'll get right to my card since I've got work to get ready for too. I figured I needed to balance all the creepy from this past week with a little sweet so out came one of my new Pure Innocence stamps that I got at All That Scraps. This is Fairy Girl and I think she's adorable. :)
I'm entering her into the 100th Flutter By challenge that is open this week and can you believe I didn't use any paper on this card? Instead I had a sheet of My Mind's Eye border stickers that I cut up and pieced together for the background. I gotta say, it felt good to use up a whole sheet of something and throw away the packaging. ;)

Alrighty, time for me to make like a banana and split.

TTFN!
Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse and PTI
My Mind's Eye Tres Jolie border stickers
stamp- My Favorite Things (Pure Innocence stamp)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima flowers
buttons
K&Co Smitten puffy heart sticker
Ranger Stickles
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E51, R20
hair- E50, Y11, Y13, Y19
clothes- R11, R12, R02, Y00, G20, YG11, E30, 0, G0000, G000, G00, Y00, Y02, BG0000, Y21, YR21, Y17

28 comments:

Lorraine said...

this is such a pretty card xx

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card! Love the colors! And the button inside the flowers!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

This is gorgeous love the colours and you colouring in is awesome!
hugs
Sue x

Pineapple Cove said...

Such an adorable card, and I love your coloring!

Andrea C said...

wow what a cute card, it is so sweet x

crafty amy said...

It is so strange that we still all change our clocks but at least I was not working as that is always a killer when you lose an hours sleep before having to go in :D
This is as always very cute I love that little girl.

Hugs

Amy xx

~* steph :) *~ said...

love this sweet card, soft pretty colors!
ohno, is it DST already? i always get confused.
hope you're having a great weekend! *hugs*

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is precious I love these sweet images! Beth

Niki Estes said...

So cute, Amy! I love the colors!

Unknown said...

Super cute card! :)

Unknown said...

love this, amy! gorgeous coloring!

1LuvnMama said...

Don't ya just luv PI images? Luv the pastel colors . . . very, definitely spring!

Tasha said...

This is adorable AMy, fabulous colours and so so pretty!
I dont like the clocks going forward and back! Ours dont go forward till the last sunday in March!
love tasha xx

BJ said...

AMY !!!!
If your husband doesn't stop you mine's going to.
Everything you put out there is soooo cute that it makes me want to try. I love the soft look of this one. Maybe some day I can get my coloring of soft down.

RiNNE said...

What a great way to 'make' patterned paper! You've colored that fairy so sweetly! I love this card!

Yes, daylight savings time is a killer for me during the morning time...especially when we spring forward! Looking forward to tonight's extra hour of sunshine though :).

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute Amy....Love this Sweet card!!

Unknown said...

So cute!! Pretyy colours too,
Angela x

Danni said...

You are so creative!! Love this! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Carole said...

What a cute card...such a sweet image :)
Carole

Angela said...

This is just so adorable Amy!! I love the soft colors!! Hope you have had a great weekend!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Sammi said...

This is just gorgeous!! Love the colours!
Sammi
xxx

Crafty Jenn said...

No paper? Really? This looks awesome! This stamps are precious. It's so soft that it looks like you colored her with chalks.

<3 Jenn

Shirley N said...

Great idea on using those borders stickers, TFS! Maybe I can throw away my packaging too, lol! Sweet card Amy!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a darling card! So sweet!

Alice said...

oh! i didn't know that all that scraps carries pure innocence??!! she is super cute!!! gotta go and check it out! =)

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Absolutly gorgeous AMy! Love the soft colours and cuuuute image.
Kristy x

Mel said...

Oh Amy I know how exactly you feel, its just a killer trying to get back on track with the times changing!! But means lovely long walks at night with our mad dog(good for extra calories hee)!
Love your wee card, so sweet and the image is a wee cutey xxx

Marlene said...

Stinkin' adorable!