Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cow's it going?

Sweet Sunday morning my friends!

I feel like that end of the month crunch is upon me once again so please forgive the short post today, but work beckons.

So I've had the TGF McSplendid Farm set for quite a while but I haven't inked them up in ages. I decided to remedy that oversight and make this simple yet fun card using the cutie cow. This also gave me the perfect excuse to pull out the old Martha fence punch and put it to use as well. ;)
At that point I thought the scene looked pretty good but it was missing something... the cow needed some friends but who should join him? I didn't really have time to color up another stamped image and all my stickers looked wrong... what was I gonna do? Then I had my Ah-Ha moment and looked to my trusty Kaiser Craft pearls to save the day. I used three of the tiniest ones and then drew in little wings and heads to turn them into flies! I'm not ashamed to admit I'm pretty proud of those crazy little flies, LOL! :)

Well thanks for stopping by, I'll see ya back here tomorrow! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- October Afternoon (Farm Fresh)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (McSplendid Farm set), October Afternoon (Farm Fresh sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Martha Stewart fence border punch
Kaiser Craft pearls
Ranger Inkssentials white gel pen
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
E40, E41, 0, E55, E57, E59, R01, R11, E93, W9

32 comments:

☼ Cheryl* said...

I LOVE cows!!! This card is fab, the flys are great :)

Mary J said...

I love your card - it is so fun!

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

what a great card... i love your cow stamp... and what a great idea to do flies...!!! it so makes the finishing touches to the card...
kaz_za

Tasha said...

Ah Amy this is super cute! love the little flies lol
love tasha xx

Serafiia said...

What a great card - I love the flies! :)
Hugs, Serafiia

♥Rach♥ said...

You're right, it's a super simple but completely adorable card! I love the little "flies" what a super creative touch!

Kimberly S said...

The card is so cute, and the flies were wonderfully creative! :)

crafty amy said...

This is so brilliant I LOVE those flies I would be proud of them too :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Marlene said...

Awww..what an adorable card!! Love that image!

Maria Therese said...

Cutie cow card :) Hope you are having a lovely sunday!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

OMyGosh! How stinkin' cute! Love your lil flies! What a brilliant idea :)

hugs, margie

Shaela said...

you should be proud - the flies are genius, lol! great card

Claireabelle said...

Wow - fantastic and like Shaela said, those flies are genius! (although Im pretty sure the cow wouldnt agree lol)
x

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just adorable! Makes me think of the mini sirloin burger commercial!

Unknown said...

this is so cool I haven't seen this little cutie before and what a great idea to make the flies. I might have to pinch that idea love it

Anonymous said...

Wow she's really too fun !!! I love all the flies around her !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

1LuvnMama said...

That is just to darn clever! Hey, are those hanging around 'cause the cow smells sweet or the other way? hee, hee! In any case, who cares! You get and A+ for coming up with those flies!

donna mikasa said...

Only you could turn pearls into cute lil' flies....

Mel said...

Oh amy this is so fab! I love you're wee cow hee, may have to seek him out xxx

~* steph :) *~ said...

what a cute card! love that little cow ~ so smiley and happy :)! the fence and flies are great touches! thanks for sharing :)! have a wonderful Sunday!

RiNNE said...

Buwahahaha!! You crack me up, Amy! Awesome scene-- that cow and her flies are so cute and clever!!

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh hahaha this is so cute.
mwah
Trace

Mel said...

Oh I just love this, this cow is too cute, and you have again coloured him excellent, everything Amy is just amazing. Clever girl - but hopefully you already know that....

Juls said...

such a fun card!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Danni said...

Love the flies!! Way creative! cute card!

Kellie said...

The title is a classic, crack up and perfect, hehe love it! The card is so sweet and just cute to boot as always Amy :)
Hugs Kel xx

Angela said...

Oh Amy this is just adorable!! I love the little flies!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Mary Giles said...

Hehehe...love this! What a fun card and those flies are brilliant.

Alice said...

hehe, this is so fun and adorable!! love it!!

WickedPixie said...

You are an absolute genius, woman!! Nobody's cards make me smile like yours do! :-)Traci

Tonje said...

So cute. Love those flies!

Leanne said...

THAT IS SOOOOO CUTE! I love coming to your blog, you always have the best ideas floating around! Great card and great little flies. =)