Monday, March 8, 2010

Another cakester has lost her frosting

Monday, Monday... are you ready to start a brand new week?

After my nice couple days off I have to say that I'm feeling pretty refreshed and ready to tackle what ever comes my way. And between all the have-to-do's you better believe I'm still playing with my stamps and paper. ;)
Case in point is today's card. As you can see I'm still busy playing around with the new Creepy Cake digis and once again there is a whole lot of altering going on. Some of you asked how I was altering these and because they are digis and I couldn't just wipe away ink like I normally do, I had to take the images into photoshop and digitally erase the lines that I wanted to replace. Once that was done I printed them out and drew in their new bodies. Like I said yesterday, I may be officially insane for the time I spent doing this but I was just having way too much fun. :)

So this is my version of Twisted Tea. Not only did I give her a new body but I also changed her bangs a bit so that I could open up her other eye. I still pulled my inspiration for her dress from the original cake, like the striped ribbons and the skull, she's just got two feet to stand on now... and some killer high heeled boots, LOL!
Well, that's all I've got for today but Freaky Flutter is coming up tomorrow if you wanna check back then. :)

Peace out! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill, GP and PTI
paper- KI Memories (Pieces of me)
digi stamp- The Greeting Farm (Creepy Cake Twisted Tea)
stamp- Inkadinkado (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima flowers
Doodlebug gems
Maya Road stick pin
ribbon
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic multiliner 0.1 and 0.3 pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20, BV23
hair- BG45, BG15, BG49, BG09, 0
clothes- YG23, YG25, G07, C0, C1, C5, C7, C9, B37, B39, BV29, B12, B14, B18

33 comments:

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the colours (especially her hair!!) and the flowers are just fab!! gorgeous hugs Juls

Melissa S said...

Oh I love what you did with her! She is fabulous!!! Great card!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, I love these. Her boots sure do rock!lol...I am thinking that they need to make these girls into rubber. I think it would be awesome if they came like the dress up Anya. They could have either their legs (love it like that) or you could use their cake bodies....Now how sad am I? Anyway my talented friend. This is smashing! Love, love her. Have a great day, Lisa

Serafiia said...

WOW - she is gorgeous! Her dress is just awesome and what a fab colors too! :)

Maria Therese said...

wow your card is soooo cool!!

Saskia said...

Wow! Another great card!

Saskia :)

♥Rach♥ said...

The altering on this is just out of this world! LOVE the dress and the colors you used, TOO COOL!

RiNNE said...

Love the tall card and the altering. Forgot that the Twisted Teas are digital-- the altering must've taken some time! I really like that sentiment too!

Marlene said...

Love it!

kris said...

Awesome!! love her outfit... and the colors rock!! =D

Kerry said...

So cool and totally awesome Amy! Her dress is too stylin'! :)

Andrea C said...

ooo gotta love these colours and the image is divine, fantastic card x

Crystal_235 said...

Amy,

What a great card. I love these colors!

WickedPixie said...

OK, Woman! This is NO FAIR making me want these this way now! I know those are not your heads (and I truly LOVE the heads) but I also love these "witchy" bodies your are giving them and I think you need to make some "witchy" girls for Sweet November!! :-)Traci

Jen Shults said...

Oh, she is fabulous! LOVE the altering you did!!

Stamping Cafe said...

Woo... love this one too, Amy! How clever are you!!!! LOVE it!!

donna mikasa said...

Fabulous haute couture! LOVE her gown! Love her opened eye! LOL! Your altering just blows me away......

Tracey Feeger said...

Wow Amy you just rock. I wish I had half your talent.
mwah
Trace

Anonymous said...

Wowzers, You've done it again Amy, taken an image that was drop dead gorgeous and made it even more gorgeous, i didn't think it was possible, but you did it!

Truly wonderful altering, Loving the legs, and i love the bold dramatic colours you've used.

Truly Awesome..
Suzi
xxx

1LuvnMama said...

Oh man, this is pure wicked, wicked, wicked! Luvn this Amy! The blues and greens just pop . . . along with her EYES! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes wonderful altering !!! You're the best !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

awesome amy! wild card :), love the colors and the sassy chick, hehe. thanks for sharing :)! have a great day!

Alice said...

love love love your twisted tea altering, Amy!! super fun card! love it!

Kimberly S said...

Your character 'tweeks' here and there are so fun, and I just love the finished images! Your post title just cracked me up. lol

Leanne said...

Your alterations ROCK! So cool and the colors are just wow! Great card!!!

Crafty Jenn said...

She looks like she's ready to kick butt and take names! Like the new skirt and killer boots.

<3 Jenn

joni h said...

killer color combo! love the blue/green!

Scrappychick said...

Oh good gracious! I think I like all your altered Creepy Cakes better than the originals! Totally hip and swank!

domire said...

I love your card and these colors!

Angela said...

Amy, I love this!!! SO awesome and the colors LOVE THEM!!! I just love seeing your altering creations!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Mary Giles said...

OMGosh!!! She is quite the diva and demands attention when she enters the room. I agree with Traci! I need these girls with legs in rubber. Those boots are to die for and I just LOOOVE that ruffled skirt. Wish I could get away with wearing something like that.

Tasha said...

WOWzer thsi is so STUNNING, its the mix of your fabulous altering and the beautiful colours and paper
love tasha xx

crafty amy said...

Man I want no need them all! You can never get too much of the dark and twisty :D

xx