Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sooo cute

Hiya, how ya doin'?

Can you believe it's Thursday already? I'm looking forward to my day off tomorrow... I'll be going to town to get my hair cut and I SO cannot wait. I tend to go through these cycles of kinda growing it out (especially my bangs) and just when they get long enough to tuck behind my ears I can't stand it anymore so it's time to go short again. ;)

I've got a super quick card to share today and once again not a scrap of pattern paper is in sight... craziness! Though I did use a fun My Mind's Eye sentiment diecut as the inspiration for this entire card... I just thought the colors in it would look great on a simple kraft card base. Once I had that all figured out I ended up altering the little TGF Wild Thing Bear by cutting off her bear ears and drawing a new, seated body for her so that she would fit on the sentiment.
Like I said... quick, fun and it puts a smile on my face. :)

Okey dokey, off to work I go... thanks for stopping by today! Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft and PTI
My Mind's Eye sentiment diecut
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Wild Things set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
Studio Calico baker's twine
Making Memories and Prima flowers
buttons
Ranger Inkssentials white gel pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E30, E33, E37, E59
clothes- R22, R27, R29, BG72, BG18, BG75, E40, E41, 0

27 comments:

Maria Therese said...

Cutie card Amy!!

Wilfreda said...

This is Sooo Cute :)

Kit said...

This card really is soooo cute :o)
I love the colours

Tasha said...

Oh Amy this is so cute! Love the altering, how awesome, she looks like she belongs on the sentiment
love tasha xx

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Oh Amy - this is too too cute!!!

Enjoy your day off!
hugs, margie

♥Rach♥ said...

What fantastic altering! Love the layout and the string tied across the back is such a great touch.

Unknown said...

Cute! Love the alteration and your card is just darling, Amy! I am due for a haircut as well!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I love the altering of the image :)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, This is too cute! I love how you used the title and the stamp together. I so have to try this. Lisa

Shaela said...

can you come alter some TGF images for me? You do such a fabulous job eveytime! love the card

kris said...

Title and card says it all for me!!! SOOOO CUTE!!! great alterations... have a great day at work and a fantastic day off tomorrow!!

~* steph :) *~ said...

your card is oh-so-cute, amy! love it. what a cute little girl. thanks for sharing :)!

Jenny said...

Love how you altered the bear. I wish I could buy your altered images as stamps!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Lysa said...

OMG this is sooo CUTE!

Jessica Diedrich said...

How STINKIN' CUTE! I love the look of color on kraft...it really pops! Beautiful!

Marlene said...

This is adorable!

Shirley N said...

Sooo cute is right!

Mel said...

Don't you hate the in between cycles our hair has to go through to get it where we want it, I have fought off getting it cut short for ages, I must admit, I am glad I did, hope you love your new style, I love this card (as usual) I love the string behind the insert, colours gorgeous my girl.

Alice said...

pure cuteness!! LOVE the design of this a TON! the pops of bright colors against the kraft background is super!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Amy the modifications are superb and the kraft stock perfect! Beth

Lissa said...

I LOVE this!!!

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! so many fabulous details! Hugs Juls

crafty amy said...

Awe I want her and this just shows yet again how you don't need the DP as your layouts and designs are so amazing they speak for themselves :D

Amy xx

WickedPixie said...

Amy, this is so cute! Those pops of color with the Kraft are great! Your altering is also so perfectly adorable! :-)Traci

RiNNE said...

This is sooo very cute! I thought it was a new Anya..but I should've known you altered! Love the twine and kraft!

Tanya said...

Amy this card is too cute!! It reminds me of my little girl :)

Love it!

Angela said...

I didn't think it had been this long since I stopped and gave you some love on your creations!! so Sorry!! As I ahve seen all of them just trying to find the time to comment this week has been crazy!! AMy this is so sweet!!! I love the brightness and the altering is perfect!!
Hugs:)
Angela