Tuesday, March 23, 2010

One card, two challenges

Hiya, how's it going this morning?

Things are good here... looks to be a beautiful day. :)

I've got a card that I made for a couple challenges today... first up is the Kraftin' Kimmie challenge to use eyelets. This was tougher than you would think for me. Sure I've got a small stash of eyelets from back in the day but I hardly ever use them. So it was a bit of a head scratcher to see how I could make them fit into my design. I think they work well enough but if I'm 100% honest I think it's a safe bet to say they won't be showing up on any other cards for awhile. ;)
I also altered this Moonlight Whispers Posy stamp just a bit by wiping away her winking eye and drawing in a new open eye. Totally easy peasy and I like how it gave her a whole new look. :)

I also used this week's gorgeous Cupcake Inspiration challenge as the inspiration for the black/white/aqua/green color combo (I couldn't resist adding some violet in there too) and for all the butterflies flitting about as well. I think these two challenges came together quite nicely on the card!

Well that's all I've got today so I'm gonna get ready for work. Have a good one! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- SEI (Bridgeport)
stamps- Kraftin' Kimmie (Moonlight Whispers Posy), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly punch
Kaiser Craft pearls
Prima Got Flowers
We R Memory Keepers eyelets
twill
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- C3, C5, C7, C9, 100, 0
clothes- BG10, BG11, BG15, BG45, V01, V05, V06, YG01, YG03, YG25, C0, C1, C5, C7, C9,

32 comments:

Marley said...

Hi Amy!! Love it!! Beautifull design paper love the circle with the ribbon through it and the image is lovely! xx Marley

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, she is beautiful..I love the color combo and the way that you used those eyelets..I have a hugh stash also and I have to admit I have not even looked at them forever. Great job opening her eyes. She is so sweet. Have a great day, Lisa

Juls said...

soooooooo stunning!!!! Love this image!! great colours, love how you have created dimension on her posey of flowers! and I love the eyelet and ribbon detail!! so creative and such stunning results! Hugs Juls

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Beautiful card, Amy! I love your altering! and these colors are gorgeous together! Loving the lace too :)

hugs, margie

Marlene said...

Adorable card, Amy! Love the bright colors. She pops right off that card! Love it.

Unknown said...

Well, this is certainly up to your usual stunning standard! I was thinking those eyelets might come in handy sometime for the eyes... you, know, like if you want to make one of the Anya's a zombie or something...

;~D

kris said...

Gorgeous indeed!!! i love her bouquet of flowers!! this card is so special!!! a beautiful creation!!! =D

~* steph :) *~ said...

cute, amy! love how you mixed the colors and embellishments. thanks for sharing :)! have a wonderful day!

Renkata said...

Great colour combo. Very elegant!!!

Shaela said...

love the bright colors of the card and your coloring is fab!

Trish a.k.a stampi said...

Really like the way you coloured the image..so bright and pretty...the lacing is a great touch..fun card.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card, I really love the fresh colors you used !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Shirley N said...

Love this card Amy, your use of the eyelets, your coloring, your DP, sentiment and your flowers--everything, just so adorable!!!

Leah l'Orange said...

the COLOURS! omg, Amy... they're fantastic, and they just WORK for this card. i'm with you on the whole eyelet thing. it has to be JUST the project to need them, or else they sit in a box. but i LOVE the purple ribbon (looks like a shoelace!) and that open eye!

Unknown said...

Awesome card! TFS :)

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just darling! I love it!

Teresa Kline said...

this is soooo cute, great card...sending you sunshine!

enjoy *~*

Mel said...

You did really well having to get out the eyelets, I don't even own any, but I know they were once very popular. The threading and the circle around the stamp is awesome, you did well on a very hard challenge.

Kellie said...

WOWZERS Amy! I love, love her she looks gorgeous! And she is one of my favs now, but then every stamp is at one stage hehe! Your coluring is amazing as always and I love how you used the eyelets, I put this challenge in the too hard basket, lol!
Hugs Kel xx

Joy said...

what a great idea on how to use your eyelets. I have so many too but I don't use them either. love it and the DP. TFS!

Tracey Feeger said...

Oh my gorgeous as always darling. Love the DP and the colours. Beautiful colouring as per usual. You make your stamps look amazing on anything you do.
mwah
Trace

RiNNE said...

This is so pretty! Love that bouquet!!

Alice said...

wow! love Posy's new look! beautiful colors, too! love this!!

Rachel Hope said...

SO Striking! Love the colors!!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

1LuvnMama said...

Ain't this gorgeous! Eyelets? I have a ton too and it's just sitting there in my drawer! Heck, want them? hee, hee! I luv how you opened up her eye . . . she's adorable holding that bouquet of flowers!

donna mikasa said...

Love your altering--you gave Posy a whole new look! And I must admit, I had to hunt for your eyelets! Soooo clever! I love it!

Leanne said...

great card amy! that is a cute stamp and i would never have guessed that you altered her eye. great use of the eyelets. pretty cute card.

Tasha said...

Wow Amy ths is stunning - great colour combo and i love the layout!
love tasha xx

Nana Diana said...

Way to use your eyelets Amy, they look fabulous!! Now why wouldn't you want to use them again. I love what you have done with Posy, your hair colouring is phenomenal and what a great idea to draw in an eye. I would love to do that, but I can't draw to save my life, I'd just ruin my image. Wonderful job, thanks for playing with your Kraftin' Kimmie stamp.

Kelli said...

oooooh so pretty! I love everything about this card!

Jo said...

Congratulations on your win for CIC. Beautiful image!

Crafty Jenn said...

Haha! I totally feel the same about eyelets! That was sooo 10 years ago! You did a good job incorporating them into your design though.

This KK image is too cute! I really need to buy some. My KK wish list is really growing! Too bad I'm low on the funds. :(