Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fine and dandy

Hey there! How's it goin'?

All is good here this morning. :)

By now I'm sure it's no secret that I enjoy altering and playing with my stamped images. So I was tickled pink when Elaine of Quixotic Paperie invited me to be a guest designer for this week's Quixotic challenge which is all about altering your TGF stamps. Umm, yea... I think I can do that. ;)

The problem comes in figuring out which stamps to combine into a new character, there are just so many possibilities! How to choose, how to choose? I decided to start with my papers and hopefully have those guide me. So once again I felt the pull of that WeR card kit I've been frankensteining and when I saw the dandelion puffs and matching sentiment the light bulb went off... fairy time, LOL! So I grabbed Easter Anya because I love her curly pigtails, wiped away her closed eyes with a baby wipe (links to my altering tutorials can be found in my sidebar) and replaced them with Lolli Anya's smiley eyes. Then I chopped off her head and added it to Flutter Anya's body. Isn't she just so giggly and cute?

Now I've got to share a little story that this cards brings to mind... I'll probably sound like a total goof but I'm putting it out there. :)
So back when I was in college and making the the three hour drive home one long weekend and the wind was blowing over the palouse sending huge tumbleweeds rolling across the freeway, my mind began to wander and I began to imagine little fairies hitching rides in the branches of those tumbleweeds. I could see them spinning head over heels shouting 'weeeeeeeeeee' just like it was an amusement park ride. It really made me hope that none of them hit the car, LOL!
And I totally made the mistake of telling my family about this little flight of fancy and now I never hear the end of it whenever we spot a tumbleweed blowing by, oy!
Ok, dorky tangent over. ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, have a good one!Supply list:
cardstock- Paper Trey Ink
paper/rubons/chipboard diecuts- WeR Memory Keepers (Vintage Blue)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Easter Anya, Flutter Anya, Lolli Anya)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Queen&Co Rox gems
Ranger Stickles
Fiskars Threading Water border punch
Copic Spica clear glitter pen
Copic multiliner 0.3 and 0.1 pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55, 0
dress- V04, V05, V06, YG23, YG03, YG25, Y15
wings- BG10, BG11, BG15, BG18

23 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. She is adorable. I really love all the colors and the papers that you used. Congrats on your quest designing. You of course would be top of the list of people to get..lol...I love your fairie story and now I shall always think of them when we see tumble weeds. I used to think of them as ugly but I won't now. I think on top of a great artist that you should write books or stories. You have a way of talking that really makes one see what you are getting at. Hugs, Lisa

jacque4u2c said...

This is just adorable and I love how it looks like she is flying of the page! Just too cute!

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh my goodness. This is sooo cute.

scrapn_momof2 said...

Another cute card!! She is adorable.

Angela said...

Amy, I just love your altering on this!!! And I agree with Lisa, you should write books at least childrens books. You have a wonderful mind of makebelieve fairytales with stories you are just dying to share!! I love your little story you shared!! Back to the card!! She is just gorgeous and I love the colors anf those purple gems!!
Hugs:)
Angela

♥Rach♥ said...

You've got a great imagination and that's a good thing no matter how old you are!

Love the altering, the head/eye/body combo was really great.

Lysa said...

Aww.. this is super cute.. love her smiling face!

donna mikasa said...

So giggly and cute! Love your altering as always and thanks for the "fairy" tale! I'll think of your story whenever I see a tumbleweed...

Shirley N said...

I love how she is flying. You are the Queen of Altering, she is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Another adorable card Amy !!! I love looking at every new creation from you !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Maria Therese said...

Your card is so sweet and cute Amy!!!

Angie said...

AH! Such a great card. I love that paper! Those dandelion seeds are perfect with the adorable, smiley fairy!

1LuvnMama said...

How sweet and dandy is this? Always luv the altering! :) Have a great day Amy!

Juls said...

Just so gorgeous!! Love the layers! Hugs Juls

Kim Dellow said...

Oh she is gorgeous Amy, love her what a cutie! Perfect! You are the Queen of altering! Kim

RiNNE said...

Awwww, such a wonderful (but yeah dorky) story, Amy!! Hehehe! I see the scene now that was replaying in your head! :). Your alteration is simply magnificent! And your elements are perfect!

Alice said...

oh! this is too cute, Amy! love it!

Danni said...

Oh no! Now everytime I see a tumbleweed I'm going to think of those sweet fairies holding on...we have tons of tumbleweeds here...cute story!
Love your card...absolutely fabulous!

Leanne said...

Cute story! I can totally see it in a book or animated movie! =)
Great alterations and she does look sweet. Great card Amy!

Mary Giles said...

What a great altering and cute story to boot. Now whenever..if ever..I see a tumbleweed I'll be thinking of you and trying to see if I can see any of those little sprites. LOL.

WickedPixie said...

Okay, so when I read your story I got images of Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairies stuck in my head (it was that part where you hoped they'd hit the car!!) Have you seen that book?!
I love your fabulous card! :-)Traci

Tasha said...

Fabulous card and a super sweet dorky story to go with it - just kidding - my kinda story!
love tasha xx

crafty amy said...

Hee hee I love that story that is the kinda thing I see lol :D I have laughed out loud before when thinking stupid stuff like that you get some very odd looks

xx