Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A berry sweet challenge...

Good morning!

What is that saying about March coming in like a lion and going out like a lamb? Well, I'm starting to think that it applies to my life right now more so than the weather, LOL! So much to do and only so many hours in the day but it's all good... I just need to tame this lion. ;)

As I've mentioned before, creating, making cards, drawing and the like, keeps me sane when things get crazy and I always try to make some time in my day for that. So when I got a chance to sit and relax for a bit I pulled my inspiration from this week's Cupcake Inspiration challenge which is all about the sweet, sweet strawberries and I knew the exact paper I wanted to use. :)
So I dug through my bag of pink paper scraps and found this perfect Doodlebug pattern and went from there. I pulled all my colors that I used to color in the Gorjuss Girl image from the paper and when I needed something for her to sit on I pulled out the coordinating Doodlebug sticker sheet and that gave me the 'Ah-Ha' moment of how to finish off the card. When I saw she was going to be small enough to sit on an overturned basket of berries you just know I had to add some wings... I mean, no brainer right? ;)

All in all this was quick and fun and a nice break from the routine of my day... hey, I can't ask for more than that. :)

Alrighty, I hope you all have a berry sweet day!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and PTI
paper- Doodlebug (strawberries), My Mind's Eye (green)
stamp- Sugar Nellie (A little birdie told me Gorjuss Girl)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
cardstock stickers and alpha rub ons- Doodlebug Designs
Martha Stewart border punch
Ranger stickles
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- Y21, Y23, YR21, YR24
clothes- RV0000, RV000, RV00, RV02, RV06, RV17, YG00, YG01, YG03, E40, E41, 0

39 comments:

RiNNE said...

Oh, how cute! I adore that strawberry PP and sentiment! What a wonderful scene! I know what you mean about crafting -- it's a de-stressor for me as well!

Angela said...

Amy, she loves just so SWEET!!! I love that you have set her on top of that basket and gave her wings!! She is just adorable!! One of these days I will have some of these beautiful stamps!! If only Everyone would stop coming out with new images for at least 3 months!! Then I could buy some of the older ones!!HA HA!! I do just love the softness of this card!! And I know what you mean about craftin to keep you sane!! I would go crazy without it!!
Hugs:)
Angela

☼ Cheryl* said...

Thats soooooooooooooo cute, Amy!!!!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is so adorable and yummy!

Juls said...

this is just too sweet for words! Love the glittery strawberry! Hugs Juls

scrapn_momof2 said...

Super cute!!

Unknown said...

This is so so sweet, Amy! Love the cheerful colors and love those strawberries!

Scrappychick said...

She is so sweet and your card is just yummy with all the pretty berries and colors!

chris said...

Brilliant card love the colours.
hugs chris xx

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Love your berry sweet card! I love even more the wings that you added, so sweet!

TFS! hugs, margie

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I love this card. It is super sweet..Pun intended...I think you are so creative with the overturned basket an all. No brainer for you...lol..Thanks for your sweet comment on Madi's card. She was waiting to see what you thought of it. It made her whole weekend. Hugs, Lisa

BJ said...

Hi Amy,
I love your card. She is just too cute. Have a good rest of the week.

♥Rach♥ said...

Beautiful color scheme and her wings are just sooo pretty!
~Rach

Maria Therese said...

Wow your just the best at altering stamps! æi loove her wings!

MiamiKel said...

Gooooorgeous! Such fantastic colors! You are a master at altering and making each one as stunning as the next!

kris said...

OMGosh she's soooo deliciously SWEET!! love the colors and the strawberry patch!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! =D

Kelly Booth said...

So Cute Amy....Love this sweet card and the little girl is just adorable!

donna mikasa said...

Berry sweet! The wings are just the perfect touch! Love this berry much...

~* steph :) *~ said...

ohmy, your card is so berry sweet, amy! love the layout~i heart strawberries! i hear ya, arts and crafts keep me sane! hope things settle down for you. have a wonderful day! *hugs* steph :)

Jenny said...

I just love what you did with the GG. She's beautiful as a butterfly!!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Beatriz Rubio De Kimmel said...

This card is so Berry Sweet! love those butterfly wings :)
hugs
-BK

Joy said...

What a wonderful card...so pink, so bright, so cheery! love the strawberries and the butterfly wings. so glad you have a chance to relax and create =)

Heather said...

I love it! I love how you added the wings.

Pam Varnell said...

Oh Amy how freakin cute can you get? I just adore the colors on this and that paper is perfect. Love it!!!

Leanne said...

That is the absolutely THEE cutest thing I've seen in a really long time! Great card! Love it! =)

Kellie said...

OH WOW Amy this is absolutely gorgeous, it truly is delicious and sweet and I LOVE it all rolled into the one ball.
Hugs Kel xx

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is so beautiful, Amy! She is totally gorgeous with the butterfly wings, love it!!

Alice said...

yum! yum! yum!! too cute!! love the soft colors that you colored Gorjuss Girl with!

Unknown said...

Awesome card! Love the image and papers :)

Tracey Feeger said...

Very cute darling. Love all the strawberries.
Have a sweet day yourself.
mwah
Trace

Mel said...

Again, how gorgeous, I love the use of the strawberries and the paper is awesome, I love the way you painted her stockings in such gorgeous colours, Just love this.

1LuvnMama said...

I luv this Amy! But no flowers? That's your trademark! But, I'm luvn the strawberries too! Great ah-ha moment!

Mary Giles said...

This is sooo soft and sweet Amy. I love the butterfly wings behind the image. I here ya on the not enough hours in the day.

Rachel Hope said...

WOW....Adorable! Love the wings!!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

WickedPixie said...

Aaawww, Amy...You are so brilliantly talented!! I love this! :-)Traci

Ελευθερία said...

really beautiful!! i like the wings you've added!! it gives the card a fairier touch!!!

Larisa said...

Very very cute card Amy )))))

crafty amy said...

Oh I love her with wings!!! and that paper was made for this challenge :D

Amy xx

kadie said...

Yummers!! This is so beautiful and I adore the wings that you added to her!