Friday, March 19, 2010

Hello springtime

It's finally Friday... I'm free again... get my motor runnin' for a wild weekend!

LOL ok, so I know those lyrics are from some song but I can't put my finger on which one right now. And not that my plans really consist of anything wild and crazy but I do have today and tomorrow off so YEAH for the weekend! ;)

My good pal Rach, who is a newly converted Gleek... YEAH!, sent me this link and this link and this link to some fun Glee spoilers and news that I just had to share with the rest of my Gleek pals as we count down the days 'til April 13th. Can you tell I'm really, really excited for Glee to come back on? What can I say, Idol has turned out to be a complete snoozefest so I need my Glee fix desperately! ;)

Ok, onto today's card... it's another quickie that I did using the same pre-made kraft cardbase as yesterday and once again there is no pattern paper in sight! Instead I used a page from a little journaling notebook and then stamped the flowers over it. It's different from what I've been doing lately which I think is why I enjoyed making it so much... ya know, the whole 'step outside your comfort zone' thing and all. I don't know... I've just felt like I need to shake things up within my 'style' a bit. So here I am 'expanding my stamping horizons' LOL
The Miss Anya is altered using one of the Miss Anya Love's heads with one of the original Miss Anya's bodies. So even though I'm changing some things up a bit, I know I'll never stop loving and playing with my precious character stamps. :)

Ok, it's time for me to go hit the town and get my hair cut... woot, woot!
Have a good one!Supply list:
cardstock- Jillybean Soup kraft and PTI
Making Memories journaling notebook and metal rim
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya set and Miss Anya Love set), October Afternoon (Blossoms and butterflies set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Maya Road leaf stick pin
Kaiser Craft pearls
K&Co rub on stitches
ribbon
Copic markers:
skin- E30, E21, E33, R20, B00
hair- E35, E37, E57, E59
clothes- RV21, RV23, R43, E40, E41, 0
flowers/basket- YG21, YG13, YG17, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y19, E50, Y21, YR21, YR24

23 comments:

crafty amy said...

Oh my I am the first to comment I don't think that has ever happened before I love this the stamping roung the side is such a great effect :D and she looks great as always altered like that! Have a great hair cut. I am resisting the glee spoilers and hopping that it comes back over here very soon too and I don't have to wait too long lol

Hugs

Amy xx

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card Amy!!

Melissa S said...

Beautiful card! I love that Miss Anya!!

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just too adorable. I love how sweet she looks. Your card really makes me want to play outside and enjoy the early spring smells. lol...Have a great day off. I am hoping to get some work on my cards done today. I told Jerry you would know when Glee started again. He is as bad as I am checking and double checking. lmbo...Lisa

♥Rach♥ said...

Glad you liked the links!

Love the card. The "note pad" looking background is soooo cool and I love how you stamped over it, it's just really fantastic. Def ready for spring now!!!

kris said...

Gorgeous! Love the flower stamp... Anya is beautiful in spring colors with her basket of bloomed flowers!! =D have a great day off!!!

RiNNE said...

I like how you are shaking things up!! I think sometimes we need to do that now and then! :)

So I started looking at the links but then stopped myself. I like to be surprised...he he he! Can't wait till the 13th! *SPOILER ALERT* But you know I follow Neil Patrick Harris on Twitter and he said he'd be in one of the episodes -- can't wait for that!

Such a sweet card! Love how the flower stamp extended and that leaf pin is perfect!

Shirley N said...

Hey I have that body too--wish I could alter like you. Love your design!

Unknown said...

So sweet! TFS Have a great weekend :)

Loz said...

Fab look with the flowers stamped over the other bits n pieces! Love it!!

Alice said...

gorgeous card! love the background stamping you did! and the embellishment details are so pretty! love this!

Danni said...

Headin' out on the highway...born to be wild....

Okay, sorry about the singing! LOL!! Enjoy your weekend and what a fab card!

Shaela said...

beautiful card! love how much you alter those TGF stamps :)

1LuvnMama said...

Luv the floral stamp on the outside with your altered Anya in spring clothes! Wish I could step "outside of the box" a little more . . . life might be a bit more adventurous!

Unknown said...

Jsut gorgeous! I love yoru altered anya!

Lisa G. said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow so elegant and romantic Amy !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Juls said...

Fabulous!! Love the colours and the notepaper detail!! gorgeous card! Hugs Juls

Victoria said...

another fab alter - had to have a second look at this one as wasn't so obvious!
Hugs
Victoria
x

WickedPixie said...

Amy, it is so sweet and pretty! That whimsical sense of "Amy" still shines through, even in a different style! :-)Traci

Tasha said...

This is beautiful! I love the stamping and colours. Fabulous design
love tasha xx

Kellie said...

As always Amy absolutely amazing! Your colouring is gorgeous!
Hugs Kel xx

Angela said...

Another gorgeous creation Amy!! I still can tell this is an Amy creation!! I think if someone put 50 cards in front of me and one was yours I could still pick yours out!! I love the image you stamped on the bottom!! ANd the spring look to this!!! Gorgeous!!
Hugs:)
Angela