Monday, April 18, 2011

Blue Monday

No, I'm not sad... on the contrary, I'm feeling pretty good this morning. Even if it is a Monday... ;) I've just got a very blue card to share and true blues aren't a color that I use a whole lot of... especially when coloring. But something about this little pixie was just calling out for it. So I grabbed up these Twig papers because not only is there a lot of blue in them but they also have a very woodsy/natural vibe that I liked for her. And yeah for pulling out the Cuttlebug! I so don't utilize it enough but it always adds such a cool touch to a card. All in all I think this card was just an excuse to use some of my more neglected tools, papers and colors. LOL Okey dokey, it's hair and makeup time once again... have a good one my friends! Supply list: cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It paper- Little Yellow Bicycle (Twig) stamps- Stamping Bella (Pixie set), Hero Arts (sentiment) ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing plate Fiskars border punch Making Memories flower button twine ribbon Jenni Bowlin stick pin Little Yellow Bicycle leaf stick pin Sharpie white marker Copic markers: skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20 hair- E74, E77, E79, E49 clothes- B34, B37, B39, BG000, 0

24 comments:

Desirée said...

That is such a sweet card Amy! Love the little image and that flower with the blue ribbon! Blue is my favourite colour, though I rarely use it on cards. For some reason I tend to use a lot of pink, and I don't even like pink lol!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy. This is such a sweet card. I love everything about it. Love the little stick pin, love the paper flower with the button on it and I love, love your little pixie in blue. Papers are awesome as well. Really really cute card. Have a great day. It is already sunny here. WOW, can you hear the pool calling? lol...Hugs, Lisa

MarĂ­lia Lopes said...

Hi Amy. This is such a sweet card!!
Hugs

Nancy Thomas said...

Love this - fabulous earthy colors and a fun image. I use my CB all the time - I actually think I need a new one as it's getting a bit worn.

Mette said...

Really sweet card Amy - these Pixies are so cute and love all the blues and elements. Especially the flower - yummy

Hugs, Mette

Lau W said...

Oh so cute image, and your card is so pretty in blue !
xxx

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

Mimi said...

Amy, you've sold me...i'm heading over to ATS to get some Stamping Bella cuties!! Adorable card and just love the color combo!! Have a great Monday! ;)

Jacilynn said...

i'm gonna need to get this set, i've been eyeing it for a while. gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

she's a charmer Amy! Delightful creation!
Pam Going Postal

Shelby Goolsby said...

Very sweet!! I love the blues and those cute pins you added....her curly hair looks outstanding too. Hugs,Shelby

donna mikasa said...

Adorable little Pixie card--love the blues! Hope you're off to a fabulous week!

Danni said...

How darling!! I haven't ordered these pixies yet...but thinking I might need to!
Wonderful card!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Amy, this is so darling!!

Leanne said...

Love it!! Blues & greens, beautiful! I love how you colored up her outfit and her hair!! Adorable Amy! Pretty perfect card. :) Have a gr8 day!

Shirley N said...

Love these colors, she's so sweet Amy!

Joy said...

love the cute pixie. great blues used and love the DP. hope you have a good Monday!

1LuvnMama said...

Oh she's a beauty in blue! Luv this Amy! Here fuzzy hair, I likey! :) Again, perfection!

Chelsea said...

Cute cute card ... Love all the "extras"

RiNNE said...

This is just so pretty and fun! I love the pebbly look of the PP, and your blues are captivating! I Adore your coloring of her sweet, curly hair!!

Alice said...

sweetness! just drooling over your card designs... =) this is darling!

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

That card is just gorgeous, Amy.

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Ahhh, loving this little blue cutie. :)

Sudha said...

Wow, its so pretty.